Ellie and her cousin, Bodee playing at Grandma and Grandpa Weber's House!
Well, Ellie and I had a wonderful time at the North Iowa Fair! Although the trip is always too short! I was super nervous about flying with Ellie by myself, but she was such a good girl that is actually made it a lot easier. It was great seeing family and experiencing the hog shows again! Although, I was super sad because the fair just isn't the same. Numbers for the shows were down, the amount of open class vegetable exhibits were down...it was just depressing. Hopefully the fairs will revive again SOON! That's an experience I grew up with that I just cannot see die!
My nephews, Cedric, Garett and Kahle, and my niece, Amelia showed pigs in the Open Hog Show. Grandpa had been keeping them at his farm just for them! Garett and Amelia even got to show in the Championship Drive! Amelia won the Grand Champion trophy! It was fun! We haven't had good pigs in a long time - probably since Micah and I were showing together. I did get to help Amelia show because her pig was being a little wild. Can't believe my showing years were almost 10 years ago! Crazy!
What's Ellie up to these days:
1. She's still scooting, but has mastered the push backwards to sit up all by myself. It's pretty cute.
2. She eats banana puffs. It's so weird and amazing to see her feed herself and use the four teeth she has (ok, and gums)
3. She's getting to where she pulls herself up in her crib and even did at Aunt Wendy's on the couch - for the remote! Imagine that!
4. She's eating babyfood three times a day with mom and dad at the table...and a lot of it too..well, a lot for Ellie!
5. She loves to wave her arms up and down and we call it her little dance!
6. Still adjusting to the new crib - just a new "look" when she goes to sleep.
7. She stares at you at first if she doesn't know you. Don't worry though, Daddy got the stare when we got back from Iowa. He said 4 days was clearly too long to be away.
Edith had the same thing to say about the Meade County Fair. numbers were down. this is the first year we have been much in about three years. the church and the Cub Scouts had a booth so I was busy. they were side by side though which helped. the exhibits in both the $H and open divisions were down this year. one thing that has aided the decline in Meade was no music for the fair. no concerts as there used to be. I suspect that wasn't true in North Iowa.
ReplyDeleteGrandpa & Grandma Gramkow
Hello Gramkow's Alex and I miss you guys and request that you move back to Manhattan! I am so glad to hear that everything is going well for all of you and OMG Ellie is getting so big and getting more cute every day. Alex and I are so upset that we did not get to see you and say good bye before you left. I did not get to see any blogs since early May until today. Please email me and give me your phone number and address so we can call and talk and write and send you pictures. My email is kamilha@ksu.edu We can't wait and hope to hear from you soon.
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys lots,
Heather and Alex
Jay was saying the same thing around here -- the numbers are so down for fair entries, especially livestock. It's sad to see! But, if there are enough of us that are willing and able to let our kids show, then we'll see a resurgence again. I hope. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on traveling solo. Go mama!