Monday, July 13, 2009
Texas Transitions
Well, I wish I could say wow...we're doing so well and LOVE it here...but I'm just not quite there yet. Transitions are hard. We had such a great support network in Manhattan and it's just hard to move to a new place where you have to start all over again. This transition has been hard being so far away from family! This transition is hard because it's so different than anything Ben and I were used to before. We only knew the "college" bubble, and now we're in the working/stay at home mom world. It's not bad, it's just a tough transition. I remember when life was so crazy our last semester finishing up our Master's degrees and working - longing for the time to get a break and for life to slow down. AND now that I'm here...I'm wondering if it's just a tad too slow! I am trying to be more ok with the place that God has us now, and take joy in the pace of life that is a little slower. (However, not much longer as Ellie is becoming quite mobile these days - not crawling yet, but still). I'm just doing a lot of things that are quite frankly new to me. I've clearly never stayed at home before full-time. I've always been in a work/class atmosphere where quite honestly it was naturally easy for me to make friends. Things are getting better. We have met more people than just the Anderson's now (although we do love you dearly! :) Yippee! We actually ventured toward Dallas and met up with Lee, an old college friend on Friday night (which was a super nice reward after standing in line for 2.5 hours to get our driver's license, not even kidding!). Saturday we went to a fellowship dinner with some people from Trinity Chapel. So that was great too! I've met two other moms in the apartment complex and we're going to start hanging out more. And then another friend of a friend, actually relative, and I are getting together today (with our kiddos) for lunch and she's going to show me where the Ronald McDonald House in Fort Worth is....as well as the hospital district...which I pray we never have to use! I have another consultation with a pediatrician (this one Dr.Duff recommended I guess from med school/residency or something) tomorrow. Hopefully I'll feel better about this one than the last. The last place they charged $ for even calling the triage nurse after hours! Not cool in my book! All in all, things are looking brighter...but just moving and transitions are HARD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you'll get there and it will be old hat....even moving to Rockwell and knowing no one was an adjustment
ReplyDeleteHey! I know what you mean! I will be praying for you. It can be hard adjusting. It is good you found some other moms at the apartments! call me if you need an ear. It can be hard.
ReplyDeleteEdith didn't want to go to Alaska when we wnt and did not want to leave when it was time to move. lif is full of adjustments and you will adjust well. I think I remember saying how starange it was in Kansas to see corn being irrigated. find or Start a MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers)group in your area. host a Bible Study or find one to attend. Enjoy and concentrate on being content in whatever State you are in (Phillipians 4:11) Paul wasn't talking about Texas but whatever condition he was in. God has planted you ther. Bloom where God has planted you and bear the fruit of the Spirit.
ReplyDeleteIn Jesus Love Grandpa & Grandma G
I've been to the Ronald McDonald House in Fort Worth! My sorority would help with meals at different times, helped out with other events, donated money, etc. How far are you from the TCU campus?
ReplyDeletelove that you are still blogging. chat soon :)
ReplyDelete