Many of you have already heard the news, but it is worth repeating. Our son Beckett Thomas Gramkow was born September 23, 2011. He was born at exactly 25 weeks measuring 2 lbs 2.6 oz and 14 inches long. The NICU staff all said he is pretty chunky for a 25 weeker. That actually makes sense when you consider that he was only five ounces lighter than his sister was when she was born. And she was three weeks older! Even so, when I look at him I can't believe how small he is. I don't know if it is because he is smaller than Ellie or because I forgot how small Ellie was. Probably both.
I tried telling Beckett he would be home in no time, but he just rolled his eyes and told me "Come on dad, I know I was born yesterday but even I know better than that."
I said "You're right Beckett. It's going to be a long road ahead. But your mom and I will be here with you every step of the way."
Oh Ben! You're such a pro at being a NIC dad! You and Mandy will be excellent leaders of Team Gramkow down this NICU road. I will be praying for a smooth journey for all of you. Enjoy your precious miracle! Let Beckett know that he has an entire other NICU in Kansas pulling for him!
ReplyDeleteBeckett is a precious one. Praying for you on your new journey. I can't wait to meet the little guy. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete