Beckett has been (I feel like) barely passing by on his feedings. Dr.Grubbs isn't satisfied with his eating and weight gain. So my little buddy needs some more time to build up his stamina to eat! He has nursed a couple times a day, and we are actually staying put with that until he gains weight a little better. Then we can start adding in a breastfeeding. Ideal caloric intake for him is 150 mls/kilo for the day (24 hour period). For hydration, he needs to eat 100 mls. Yesterday Beckett ate 120 mls, and his weight dropped to 6 lbs. 4.3 oz.
He has been sleepy, sleepy! We think his days and nights are mixed up. He was awake last night from 3 am to 5 ready to play. Lovely :) oh well, its a good thing he is cute!
So I asked the DRG the going home ballpark figure, and he said at the earliest this weeken, but may be next week. He still needs to prove he can adequately gain weight and complete his feedings for a few days, and we have time since his 5 day episode count started again.
He does have chronic lung, so just doesn't have a lot of reserve. And that would affect his feeds. Again. He is just 36 weeks, and we are asking him to do a lot!
Oh, and I asked the DRG about the heart murmur thing...its not his PFO, its the PPS??? (which is a vessel that was a little narrow). My bad. Ok...now the nurse is investigating. Have to ask the DRG again, cause the echo says he has a PFO. Gotta keep him on his toes, now that we are on the homestretch, and his job is almost over!
And I shouldn't bring my carseat in until we room in. Which is good because all of my parts are air drying from being washed!
We switched from Enfacare to Neosure. No difference, just the company who makes it. Ellie went home on Neosure.
I was here at 2 pm to breastfeed, and B man was too tired. We barely got him to take 46 mls. So we will try again at 5. Although, right now I'm looking at him....and he is still pretty sleepy. Ooh...just saw some eyes!
Took the infant CPR class, and pray I never have to use it. Have my meeting with my new pediatrician on Wednesday at noon. Pray that goes well! Eye doctor is going to come tomorrow.
Ok...he is making all sorts of squeaky noises now! I hope he is pooping! :)
***update: breastfed for 10 minutes...took 16 mls with bottle afterward.
Please pray for Becketts head. His soft spot is huge and his front sutures are really split, and go all the way down to the bottom of his forehead.
No comments:
Post a Comment