Mama: Ellie, thanks for helping mama shop for groceries tonight.
Ellie: Yep.
Mama: I love you.
Ellie: I love cookies.
This may or may not have also been the grocery store visit where Ellie asked to get a pumpkin to carve. I agreed. She picked one on the bottom of the pile of course, I think because it had a
long stem. I start trying to pull out the chosen pumpkin, whereupon the pile starts to come apart and I
immediately have to bust out my defensive stance and shuffle so that all
of the bowling pumpkins don't go crashing on the floor. I also may or
may not have said "this might be my worse nightmare" as people walked
by. I rearranged the pumpkins. Seriously ... who piles them like that
anyways! I got out the chosen pumpkin, and Ellie says "Oh, mom, not that
one ... not the dirty one." I tell her this is the one she chose, we must
go on. She then asked if we could get one for Beckett. I said no. So we
put the pumpkin on the belt to pay and sure enough, this pumpkin looks
like the leaning tower of Pisa!
What a special pumpkin Ellie got this year!
What a special pumpkin Ellie got this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment