Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Burgers 4 Babies: Project Team Gramkow Table

T-minus ONE month until Burgers 4 Babies. It's Thursday, May 9, 2013 at Tim Love's The Woodshed Smokehouse! AHHH! I'm a tad behind on my fundraising timeline. The bar is higher . This year to sponsor a table is $3000! YIKES! If you would like to come, please message me...if we get the table, we will have 8 seats! Tickets for Individuals are $175.

But Team Gramkow is sure going to try...and we can only do it with YOUR HELP!

I remember when I first checked out the NICU Helping Hands website when I was pregnant with Beckett. Dr. Hall had introduced me to Lisa Grubbs (now formerly known as Mrs. DRG) via Facebook, suggesting that I volunteer for them. I thought, sure...I would love to be an encouragement to "other" moms who had a preemie...and then went on to have a full-term pregnancy. But what I really liked was that they listed to be a support to parents AFTER they go home from the NICU. I saw such a need for this, and really would have benefited myself having something like this after Ellie.

And we all know the story, if you've been following our journey. September 23, Beckett boy joined us at 25 weeks gestation at 2 lbs. 2.26 oz. (yes, the .26 counts). TWO preemies for the Gramkows.

But I had NO idea how God would orchestrate our story by the amazing people we would meet because of Beckett's premature birth. That the DRG would be on call. That Mrs.DRG and I were supposed to meet to talk volunteer talk on the DAY Beckett was born. And I also knew, even though my volunteering would be postponed that I did semi-accumulate some I owe U Volunteer hours to the DRGs. Like, for example when I just so happened to text Lisa about how Beckett had blown through 6 IV sites, and WA-LAH...Dr.Grubbs just so happens to call Beckett's room to speak with the nurse to have a PICC placement ordered.

This family took SUCH great care of us, and we will always know that Beckett is one of DRG's favorites. So we LOVE the chance to give back through their organization, NICU Helping Hands.

We have been so blessed that our Sweet Beckett is continuing to grow and thrive! And we are so thankful that we have amazing friends who will babysit so we can go share at the NICU Helping Hands Parent Dinner nights at the Baylor NICU Downtown Fort Worth. This has been so good for Ben and I to share our story as we still continually process the chaos we went through these past 18 months.

In January, ah, it must have been before that...I can't remember. But I helped start the NICU Mom CONNECT group that meets monthly here in the DFW area. First meet-up we had 6, Second 3. Third like 12, Fourth 17 (where we made these birth-weight rice babies!) and Fifth 6. I've been to every one, and every one has been SUCH a blessing to my life. To my journey as I continue to be brave as a preemie mama, to talk about my feelings with others who have walked a similar road, and to just be in awe and amazement of these tiny babies' fight for their life. We've talked with tears in our eyes, we've laughed. We've shared advice. But I've learned so much from all of them. Oh, and we've all embraced hand sanitizer. Seriously, it is so comforted to know you aren't going be judged when you pull out the sanitizer. :)


All in all, I know volunteering with NICU Helping Hands is supposed to be a part of Team Gramkow's legacy. I've said it before, and I will say it time and time again. This life is not for us to walk alone. Our experiences shape us, and even the hard ones are meant to be shared. Shared because you just never know how it might relate or encourage someone else.

So please consider donating to our cause. I told Lisa I wouldn't fundraise unless I knew that the NICU Mom CONNECT made a line item in the budget for next year! She confirmed, so here we go!
You may send a check made out to NICU Helping Hands to:
Team Gramkow
Burgers 4 Babies
6612 Trail Lake Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76133


The money we raise will directly impact the work we are already doing as volunteers in serving other preemie parents in "the club." :)

****Oh! Oh! Oh! Forgot to mention that I'm having a Pixie Dots Hand-Stamped Jewelry Party Fundraiser  where all my commission will go toward Burgers 4 Babies! AND if you place a Rodan+Fields Dermatologists Skin Care order, I'm donating all that commission as well! Wahoo! 


Blessings to you all. We will always be forever grateful for your prayers and support to our family.
Love,
Ben, Mandy, Ellie and Beckett

Here are some great pics from last year's Burgers 4 Babies:






No comments:

Post a Comment