Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Ellie Jo Gramkow!

As I went in to check on my sleeping Ellie last night (just because that’s what moms do, they check frequently on their sleeping children, right?), I placed and held my hand on her ribs, near her heart and couldn’t help but think about the long journey the Lord has taken Team Gramkow on this past year. I can remember when Ben and I would place and hold our hands on our baby girl, so she could feel our hands and feel secure. We may not have been able to hold our little princess right away, but we did get to touch her...and with our hands we could feel each breath. And from each breath since that day, one year ago today…we are forever thankful. Thank you, Jesus, for the amazing gift of Ellie Jo. Happy Birthday Baby Girl. Love, your Mommy.

4 comments:

  1. I am in tears remembering Ellie's first days here. What a precious, beautiful miracle she is! Oh, how I miss her sweet smile and feisty personality. Bridget misses playing with her - whenever Ellie's picture pops up on the computer, Bridget yells, "Baby Eee-Eee!" Please give Ellie a birthday smooch from Bridget, Bill, and Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex wanted to sing Happy Birthday to Ellie.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE ELLIE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! We hope that you have a wonderful day, and Mandy enjoy every second of this day; you three deserve it. Parents of preemies really understand the meaning of this marker is our little ones life. Oh and by the way Alex is 10 years old and I sometimes still go in his room and put my hand on his chest just to feel his breath and his heart beat, it's a mommy thing.

    Alex and Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! You are such a big girl! The Lord has a big plan for you and your family! May you be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Ellie,

    Happy Birthday to the most wonderful 1 year old and niece! We are so happy for all three of you today - what a year!

    Love You Much,
    Aunt Anna & Uncle Fred

    ReplyDelete