
Yes, that's right, that is NOT a typo friends! Ellie took her first steps YESTERDAY! She was playing on the floor with Ben and I, and I turned her toward him standing. She's been doing this balance act with her hands out to her side, cruising along furniture and squats. (Ben wonders is she's the only baby to do squats and slow motion too!)

So we knew it was close! So she turns toward her daddy and arms straight out to her side gets this concentrated look and takes two steps on her own! We were so excited! We got her to do in again. Then yesterday, all she wants is our fingers to hold onto. She's not so sure about that by herself stuff quite yet I guess. Too funny. Ben and I just continue to watch in amazement. She's so FUN! She's sure developing her voice and laugh too. She loves to dance with Daddy and she loves it when mommy chases her on all fours! She's started playing pretend. She brushes her hair and holds remotes up to her ear like she's talking on the phone! She's got a mean crawl these days too...and even faster speed...head down! It's so funny. I just worry she's going to run into something when she does that.
We spent Thanksgiving dinner with a sweet family from our church here. Ellie LOVED the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and even pumpkin pie! Was so fun to have her first real "turkey dinner" since she was still on the milk diet last Thanksgiving.
Apartment Life stuff is off to a start to say the least. We had some events with a low turn out, but well, it was after all Thanksgiving and we're still trying to get to know people. Hopefully we'll have some fun events in December. We just delivered half of our 390 December calendars to our apt community here. We finished cleaning our old apt yesterday and now feel like we can really "move in." Yippee! Maybe some pictures will get put up on the wall soon. No worries, our Christmas tree is already up though! It's been a great Thanksgiving weekend, but a busy one!
Still weird to think Ellie was supposed to be one this week. All in all though, she's doing GREAT! This week we're weaning off the bottle completely! Wish us luck!
Blessings to all of you this Thanksgiving Season.
We're sure thankful for our "turkey" of a walker this year!
we're thankful too...for all of you..hugs...love ya...
ReplyDeletewe're thankful too...for all of you. hugs...love you..mom
ReplyDeletesorry, I'm a microwave person I guess and it took too long...but it just means we love you twice as much..
ReplyDelete