Thursday, January 8, 2009

Busy Busy Gramkows

Well, obviously you can tell by the number of days that we haven't posted, that we've been BUSY! I have started mid-year training back at Jardine, finish up practicum, and Ben has been trying to finish up classes and then of course watch Ellie while I've been gone! Our little Ellie sure is growing. Her eating is still sporatic, but just today she at 60 and 70 mL pretty consistently. Hopefully she's telling us she'd like to be fed every 3 hours instead of two! :) Anyways, she's been more attentive to the things she's looking at and we have a big picture frame on the white wall that she's always looking at when in her bouncy seat and close enough! We had Kim from Parents as Teachers come and teach us some more things we can be doing with Ellie to help in her development. She's the one who pointed out that Ellie probably loves staring at that picture frame because of the contrast! I've got to get some homemade black and white toys made...oh where is the time! We didn't have to go this week for a weight check, but I'm of course curious! We'll have to wait until Jan. 15 at our next Doctor's appointment (4 mo). Ellie will get some more shots! No fun! Thanks for all your prayers for Ellie and my health. So far so good...as Ellie hasn't shown signs of being sick. Also, breastfeeding is still going well - now it's been more of the time issue - being available to feed her! I'm looking forward to school starting and establishing more of a routine. Ellie has gone to Lori's and been a good girl! Although we joke because it seems like Ellie likes to poop more often at Lori's than at home! She's really paying closer attention to watching Bridget run around and I think likes the entertainment! Today she ate 70 mL for Lori which was a first for the babysitter! Wahoo! I have also been able to go to Lori's and feed Ellie over lunch which has been nice! My birthday came and went - on Jan.5 I turned 26 and Ben and Ellie serenaded me right at midnight - yes we were still up! I also got the book, Multiple Blessings as a gift from Ben and am looking forward to reading it! (It's the John and Kate Plus 8 TV show on TLC John and Kate's book about their preemie experiences). Ellie was at Lori's all day so we decided to go out to eat for lunch. It was nice to have some Mandy/Ben time!Prayers for the upcoming week - Ellie's due again for her synagis shot. There has been some more insurance confusion so please pray that it gets settled before she needs it on the 13th. Prayers also for school is starting on the 15th and Ben will still be trying to finish up last semester's classes.

3 comments:

  1. Ellie looks great as usual...too many days til we can get down to see her again...you guys look great too. I noticed a couple things though...Mandy in winter coat, Ben in shirtsleeves..you sw ks people need to learn to recognize cold...and is that a double chin starting or is it the angle of the camera? hehe. love you guys...keep up the good work...mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. double chin in me mom or Ellie? :) ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you and ellie have double chins....it was Ben I was commenting to...we're gonna beef up that guy somehow!! hehe

    ReplyDelete