
What a day...tired, exhausted, sad, frustrated, happy, thankful, a lot of emotions...Ellie was tired today too...love the pic that points out her dimple! She's so cute!
It started out with another phone call to the pharmacy because I hadn't heard back from them yesterday about the status of the synagis. Fed Ellie, Ben left for class, thought I'd get a shower in, but didn't because I was still trying to clarify with the pharmacy what they were now waiting on - they said Medicaid was waiting on a form from the doctor's office. So frustrating how the reasons change. Then, we rushed to the doctor's office for Ellie's 4 month check up with Dr.Duff. When we got to the doctor, the nurse told me that she was pretty frustrated with the synagis situation too. They said they've never had this many problems getting it straight. The doctor's office, the pharmacy, and the insurance company were on a conference call this morning and I think it's then when things got cleared up.
Our little Ellie is getting a little bigger! She weighed in at 9 lbs. 2 oz. (which was fun because this was actually my birth weight!). This means she gained 11 oz. in the past two weeks which is great. Still on the lower end of weight gain desired range, but hey, still gaining! We're proud! :) Her height is now 22 and 1/4 in and that got her into the 1th percentile! Wahoo! Her head circumference is now 38 cm. Dr.Duff said he was very pleased with how her head is growing and he also said, look, now she's actually on the growth chart! We're thankful she is progressing even though it feels like she isn't in the day-to-day.
We talked about the acid reflux concerns and he wrote a prescription to up her dose to 2.5 mL per day. So we'll see if this helps her symptoms. He said it'll take 1-2 weeks to maybe see if it's helping. More waiting.
Caffeine no more! This was exciting news! We're going to try it and see how she does. So prayers there! We still are going to have the home apnea monitor for a couple more months. I'm not really upset that we'll have the monitor, especially with the caffeine being discontinued.
4 month check up meant 4 month shots :( Ellie was a trooper last time, but this time didn't go as well. She cried pretty hard and long. Poor thing. No fun. The Dr's office was out of the HIB vaccine so she'll actually have to get pricked again next week :(
We're also still doing 22 cal every 2/3 hours and at night after midnight we can let her sleep 4-5 hours if she wants! Wahoo. Ben's really excited about this one! We'll come back in one month for a weight check and then of course her 6 month.
So back to the synagis -they finally called me and said it would be ready for pick up at 2 pm today. Faithful Aunt Alice pulled through for us again and picked up Ellie's medicine! Alice actually got to pick it up at 1:30 p.m. I met her in Topeka, got home and the home health nurse came at 4:30 p.m. and poor Ellie got pricked again. I had daddy comfort her this time...it was hard to watch twice in one day! But..she needed her synagis and we are SO thankful that even amidst all the phone calls and the emotions, she got it on day 29! Wahoo!
I did find some peace in God today through one of Natalie Grant's songs called, In Better Hands Now. Really you should search it on youtube. It's really good. She wrote it in response to her son's accident when he was badly burned in a bondfire accident. "Written as an anthem of hope, reminding us that in the arms of God is the greatest place of safety. Even if wer're scarred, full of questions and fear, there's no better place to be than in His hands. We don't have to be at our best for God to be at His. All we have to do is let go, and fall in to His arms of grace."
I couldn't agree more.
Thanks for your prayers.
Blessings and Love,
Team Gramkow
Song Lyrics to In Better Hands Now by Natalie Grant
It's hard to stand on shifting sand
It's hard to shine in the shadows of the night
You can't be free if you don't reach for help
You cant love if you dont love yourself
There is hope when my faith runs out
Cause I'm in better hands now
It's like the sun is shining when the rain is pouring down
It's like my soul is flying though my feet are on the ground
So take this heart of mine there's no doubt
I'm in better hands now
I am strong all because of you
I stand in awe of every mountain that you move
Oh I am changed, yesterday is gone
I am safe from this moment on
There's no fear when the night comes 'round
I'm in better hands now
It's like the sun is shining when the rain is pouring down
It's like my soul is flying though my feet are on the ground
So take this heart of mine there's no doubt
I'm in better hands now
It's like the sun is shining when the rain is pouring down
It's like my soul is flying though my feet are on the ground
Its like the world is silent though I know it isnt true
Its like the breath of jesus is right here in this room
So take this heart of mine there's no doubt
I'm in better hands now
I'm in better hands now
In the past, I've found hope in that song too! Nice choice! I'm glad you got the meds in time! It sounds so stressful! Have you started 2nd semester stuff yet? If not, when does that happen?
ReplyDeleteThinking of you guys!
9 pounds 2 ounces was also Aunt Anna's birth weight
ReplyDeleteMaybe not taking the caffeine will help her acid reflex also. Caffeine probably does not help her indigestion.
ReplyDeleteGrandma Gramkow