Monday, March 30, 2009

Ellie's back to Lori's!

Ellie went back to Lori's today and actually from 8am to 5 pm so mom and dad can catch up on homework...and the blog. HA! We're so glad the Harlan's are back and healthy. Bill, Lori and Bridget all did end up getting Influenza A. Not fun, but all fought it and Cloroxed their place in prep for Ellie to come back! It's been an adjustment again though because I was used to seeing her all the time these past two weeks and now we're back into the "new normal" routine. I've called Lori like 50 times today to see how she's doing. So far so good. I was wondering if she's have a little stranger anxiety (only because my mom and dad tried to feed her a couple weekends ago and she wouldn't have it!), but she did alright! Ben's interview in Texas at Lockheed Martin went well and we should hear within a week if he were to get an offer. So continued prayers there. Ben did finally make it home at 2 am on Friday night though after going into the ditch with some icy road conditions. Freezing rain when he hit Topeka...not so fun. We are thankful that he was ok and had to just wait about 3 hours for the tow truck to pull him out and then was able to drive our dinged up car home. There was some damage to the passenger rear door and the grill, front bumper. We're just hoping there was no damage done under the hood, with the wheels or anything. Ellie just last night started to experiment with her voice - giggling to a bit of a screech. It was pretty cute. Although we've tried to get her to do it again and nothing! I've got a video I will post soon of her talking jibber jabber to her animal friends on her playmat!

No comments:

Post a Comment