Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ellie's doing homework too...

From March 2009
Yes, that's right, we're starting her early. So far (as you can see) she's a fan of the itsy bitsy spider. (and does like it when Mom sings too). We've been starting to read to her more. Fun times and I'm reminded that it's been such a long time since I've really read aloud! Ellie is quite the active little girl these days. She loves to move her arms and legs and has developed an "attack mode" when she's playing in her bouncy seat or on her play mat. You can see that she's starting to bat at things - still not sure if she realizes it yet. Although today, in her bouncy seat we were eating and all the sudden I head the music start (I hadn't touched it, neither had Ben)..and we look over and yep, she had pulled the ring and her eyes were huge as the music played! We were proud! :) We've had a pretty restful weekend which has been nice. Oh! Oh! Good news - Ben got an interview with Lockheed Martin (on March 12). He also submitted quite a few more applications, so we'll see what happens. He also checked about Honeywell and found out that they denied him an interview because the job he would have been applying for through CES was a general engineer - whereas the position the recruiter talked to him about at the Career Fair was an optics engineer. He talked with her on Friday and she had said she was waiting to hear if funding for that project was being reallocated or not. So far, it wasn't looking promising. So I guess maybe something could come of it later. We'll see. We're heading to Topeka for the NICU follow up on Tuesday - I'm really looking forward to seeing how they think Ellie's progressing! I'm also really excited to see our NICU family!

4 comments:

  1. Love the reading pic... and action shots..how fun for all of you. Her photos always bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I don't notice any connected wires!! Either I'm behind on reading your blog or she's free from them. YAH either way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, not totally free :( We just give her a break when she's awake, since she's having breakdown on her skin where the leads are! Hopefully we'll get rid of the monitor at her next check up which is March 15ish...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 6 month Birthday Ellie!!
    Love, Dana

    ReplyDelete