Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ellie Rolled Over!

From February 2009
Whoa....breaking news in the Gramkow house. Lori called me today and said that ELLIE ROLLED OVER FROM HER TUMMY TO HER BACK! Yippee! I can't wait to see if myself. And of course, Lori said that she tried to get her to do it again, but she wouldn't! Here's a picture of Ellie and her good friend, Bridget (whom Ellie loves to watch go back and forth all day long!).
From February 2009
We're so proud..and looking forward to hopeful, good reports from the NICU follow up developmental clinic on March 3. We're actually going to go to Topeka and stay with Cousin Audrey on March 2 and pay a visit to the night shift nurses...so all of you reading this - I hope you're working March 2 or March 3! We can't wait to see all of you again!
From February 2009
Ellie's appetite, I'm happy to report is back! Wahoo! And I'm really hoping the croup is gone for good! She's feeling lots better and is back to her smiley self. Aside from her new news of rolling over, she's really taking a liking to hitting the dangling toys we put in her carset, her bouncy seat. She also looks at her bears on her mobile. It's funny, you watch her and its almost like you can tell she's thinking about hitting it, and then will kind of borderline spaz out hitting them. And then it's like she's tired again. We think it's pretty funny. We'll get it on video here maybe this weekend! So about the suspect old milk...well, there were a lot of factors, and I think that theory went out the window when she was still having runny diapers and spitting after eating fresh milk. It's interesting - maybe it just didn't want to settle. Things are better in that area now though! Prayers for Ben - he's been in the lab the past 3 days non-stop it feels like with a class project...also hasn't had much time to continue to work on last semesters classes still - those engineering classes, I tell you what! Also, please pray because he was really excited about a lead with Honeywell, and so far they actually have denied even an interview with him. He's still trying to contact the HR person to see what is up. He's frustrated because at the career fair, they sounded genuinely interested. I guess we just have to wait a little longer to see what God has in store for him!
From February 2009
Today's been a good day. I actually went and got my hair cut and am loving it! It's already about 100 pounds lighter..and I think it'll be a good do to have for someone on the go all the time! It's quite a bit different, but I think it's all good! Good work Stephanie Z. at Hair Experts. My good friend Alisha had to hold my hand, ok, not literally, but it was a big step...I think they cut off about 10 inches..and it was great to have girlfriend support! Too fun! Also, funny that Dr.Roles (my OB doctor) was getting her hair done in the next seat. It was fun catching her up with Ellie's latest. I had a really good time and Stephanie was way fun...so for those of you in Manhattan looking for a stylist, she's a good one! Oh, AND Alisha and I also went to Varney's to order our (and for ben too) GRADUATION GOWNS! Wahoo! Only 80 more days until all this hard work is paid off! I'm just a little excited about that! Ok, well, enjoy the pictures! Better get to feeding my little girl...and then the homework part....so I can actually do that graduation part...

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to rolling Ellie. How fun each new stage is.
    Cute hair cut Mandy. It looks great on you. You've done what many new moms do... make life simpler for yourself w/less hair.
    3 cheers for caps and gowns!!!! It will eventually pay off. Hang in there Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Ellie! Also your hair looks great! I am looking into cutting mine before we move. I don't think I am brave enough to cut it that short though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute hair Mandy! Love it! I did the same thing when I cut mine...cut about 10 inches off at once! Sounds like Ellie is doing well--yipeee. The rolling over is so fun to watch. I bet she'll start doing it more and more for you. We'll keep Ben and his job prospects in our prayers. Looking forward to spring time so maybe Ellie can start getting out and about more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOTT hair!

    I think that Mommy deserves a princess sticker for being so brave!

    Miss ya, see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. second time to roll isn't it? didn't you say she rolled over in the hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I'm jealous...Miss Ellie is ahead of Liam now b/c he still isn't rolling over (the 1 time he did was on the bed and it must've been a fluke cuz that was like 4 months ago and he hasn't done it since)!! How fun though!! So glad to hear she is doing better! Once again, Mandy your hair is so cute!! My sisters aunt works there--her name is Christy so if you're ever there and see her tell her you know me!! How exciting to think that graduation is nearing!!! Love the new pics of Ellie--she is cute as ever and getting so big! Can't wait to hear your NICU report! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete