Monday, February 16, 2009

Love....

From February 2009
From February 2009
From February 2009
From February 2009
Happy Late Valentine's Day...yep, that's how things are running at the Gramkow house these days! I absolutely love Valentine's day and it was fun celebrating Ellie's First Valentine's Day with her! She also had princess valentines to give to her cousins...and the rest of her small friends' are going to be in the mail soon...hopefully. I just rejoice and sit back and think about how far Ellie's come and just fall in love with her more and more every day! Every smile, every coo, every "I'm comfy" noise...yep, I love it all. We are so blessed to have this little girl in our lives! Words cannot express how grateful we are that God chose us to be parents to this little girl. Ever since we've been home, I've become quite the blog addict. There are quite a few babies that I follow...their progress...their parents testimony of dependence on God...yep, been there! It's neat to be able to pray for others in this way, even when I don't know them...such a neat thing about the body of Christ. How neat. Good job on that one God. This weekend was exceptionally special for me AND it was a big step for me! Ellie had her first trip to someone's house other than the Doctor's office or Lori's! Yep, we went to Uncle Wade and Aunt Caryn's house! My parents and my sister Wendy (and boys) came to Manhattan to see the Kansas crew. I was really nervous. It's still cold and flu season...and boy, you should have seen how much hand sanitizer I took with me there! It was nice because Wade and Caryn have a basement, so we pretty much restricted all the kids to the basement while Ellie got to hang out with the adults. My sister Wendy Jo got to hold Ellie Jo for the first time! It was so great to have her here too, she actually stayed with us in our apartment and took some feedings, so we could get some sleep! What a blessing! Ellie went to the Doctor for a weight check and we were SO proud of her weight! She's now 11 lbs. 2 1/4 oz.! (and yes, I still have to include the 1/4 oz!) Oh, and SHE GOT HER SYNAGIS...and on TIME! 28 days, our home health nurse actually came on Thursday and administered it. The parents as teachers educator didn't actually come because she called and said she had a bad cold. We rescheduled. It was so great for me to hang out with the family and see them marvel over Ellie's smiles and coos! It's starting to feel "normal." And I know that it's our choice to keep Ellie in lock down during cold and flu season...just makes me nervous thinking about her getting sick again! But..well, it was a good step for me. I sure prayed a lot this weekend though, and still continue to pray that Ellie doesn't get sick. I know everyone washed their hands, and we kept the kids far away...there I go worrying again. It's hard because I know I can't keep her away from everything...she will get sick sometime...how about just not yet...ok, God? Well, another start of another busy week for the Gramkows! How many days until Spring Break? Blessings and Prayers from Team Gramkow

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had so much fun and I miss you all already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, grandma is showing you off...I'm gonna miss that computer at home...you'll have grown rods when I get to see you again from home. Too far away so snuggle with mom or dad for me...love you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good about keeping little Ellie away from everyone!! :) I'm so glad you were able to spend time with family this past weekend though! Poor Liam has been subjected to loads of people and places from the get go--I'm such a bad momma. :( I pray every night for God to keep him healthy though so it could very well be the prayers that have kept us so lucky!

    ReplyDelete