Saturday, February 7, 2009
Rest Filled Weekend
Well, another week has passed with the Gramkows. Phew. Although I was really looking forward to a restful weekend. It's turning into a rest-filled weekend, but because we seem to be all sick! :( Well, Ben's officially been sleeping with some major congestion since last night. So, I've been hanging out with Ellie, but my throat's not feeling the greatest either. I thought Ellie was getting sick a couple days ago - just had more runny nose than normal - but it was a one day thing and she's not showing any other symptoms of being sick. He eating patterns have been low and REALLY frustrating for me! But we're tugging along. I think single parents are amazing! I don't know how they do it! It's been a challenge not having my partner in crime helping out. Prayers for a speedy recovery for him. He's also still working on classes from last semester. AND the Engineering Career Fair is on Tuesday. Please pray that God would open up some job leads for Ben.
Jeanette, our occupational therapist, came on Tuesday and evaluated Ellie. She said Ellie's favoring "turning her head to the right" has evened out more. We've been pretty intentional about changing her diaper changing table direction, the way her head faces when she sleeps, etc. She's also loving her boppy pillow and will look both ways quite a bit. She'll come back in another two weeks.
We're also having the home monitor RT come on Monday actually because they have to download all of Ellie's data off the monitor - the memory is full! I think that's pretty good lasting this long after we've been home. It usually fills up faster with the more episodes.
Good news on the synagis - there are supposedly no problems this month and it's supposed to ship out on Monday, be here Tuesday. The home health nurse will come Tuesday afternoon.
We'll head back to the Doctor this week for a weight check. So I'm really curious to see how much she weighs this time!
Crazy that it's only one more month until our NICU follow up appointment - March 3. The time is going by so fast. Although with all my life roles right now, I'm not to disappointed with how fast it's going. Prayers for me there too. It's a lot. Some days are better than others, but I just find that I am absolutely exhausted at the end of the week! Please pray for strength for both Ben and I.
Blessings and hope the rest of you Kansas Folk are enjoying this beautiful weather while Team Gramkow is snoozing and resting inside. Go away cold and flu season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad to hear you will get the synagis on time! What a relief! Prayers for a speedy recovery for you all and for a speedy rest of the semester so you can graduate and be done with this hectic life you're leading!
ReplyDeleteMandy, Thanks for saying you admire sinlge parent's but as a single mother I can tell you this. We may have more work on our shoulder's but it is no different than you. We single parent's just do what we have to do as parent's and we will not stop until our children have what they need. Being a single mother just make's me want to fight harder because I know Alex only has me. I feel sorry for the parent that left they are the one's missing out on all of the joy's of being a parent. Hope all goes well with Ben, you, and Ellie and I will pray for Ellie's medication and hope she got fatter cheek's on her for her doctors appointment. Hope to see you soon.
ReplyDelete