Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Ellie's got croup...no fun!
Well, the Gramkows just got back from the ER, yes, it's 5:30 a.m. After listening to Ellie cough and wheeze until about 2 am, I decided to call the pediatrician on call who said to take preemie Ellie into the ER. They tested for RSV and it came back negative, praise Jesus! The final verdict was croup. They gave her a steroid shot and a breathing treatment and she's already sounding better...another praise there. Needless to say, we are very thankful that she wasn't admitted.
So, I get to stay home with Ellie (as the ER doc said no daycare for Ellie today) and call Dr.Duff later today to see what he wants to do about follow up.
Good night...I think I will be sleeping when Ellie does today (especially since I actually haven't gone to bed yet!) Oh...motherhood! :)
Please continue to pray for Ellie in battling this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We'll keep all three of you in our prayers. Good luck getting some sleep.
ReplyDeleteLYM,
Aunt Anna
Poor little Ellie! We're praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteBecky
We have already said our nightly prayers for Ellie but I'll throw another one in for good measure since I see she's under the weather. Hope she gets well soon and that you all get some sleep!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck and prayers with you! The good thing about babies is, while they get sick fast, they can also recover quickly too. Here's hoping that Miss Ellie does just that.
ReplyDelete