Tuesday, February 28, 2012

B-man and His Noggin

Well, we went to Beckett's weight check today at Dr.Hanson's office. Drum roll please ...
10 lbs. 12 oz. (4.89 kilograms)
Length: 58 cm, Head Circumference: 41 1/2 cm

I know, right? I asked if that was correct....he was just 9 lbs. 11 oz. At the pulmonologist's office last Wednesday! Crazy! I guess the breastfeeding on demand, about every 2 hours is doing well for him! But he does need to poop (of course he does), so I bet that played to his advantage too!

His growth is still along the 50 percentile curve on the preemie growth chart. The preemie growth chart only goes until. 50 weeks, and then we will just try and get ON the regular growth chart against other 5 month olds. (His chronological age).

I also talked to Dr.Hanson about the lack of physical therapy thru ECI. She said we do need to have PT, and so is referring us to Cook's for this. She also said Cook's could help with nutrition too. ECI is sending a developmental specialist to our house, so we at least have that. She comes again on Thursday actually.
Another new appointment Beckett earned is with a cranial maxillofacial specialist. Translation: his head shape is long, and flat... and we need to just make sure his sutures are still open. I wonder if he will earn himself a helmet. We will just have to wait and see.

We continue to work on tummy time, but that noggin is just so heavy. I have seen improvement though ... so we are getting there slowly, but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment