Through RSV season that is...
I wish I didn't loathe cold and flu season so much. It really does put a damper on the winter. Although, we did get snow last night here in the FW. Ellie thought that was pretty cool. It's only rain today though.
Miss. Ellie was up hacking last night, and doing her normal barky croupy cough that she knows oh so well. We made it at least half way through RSV season with out Ellie getting sick (since Beckett's been home) so I need to focus on the positives here.
This morning started out with a Beckett feeding turned sour. So I got to change my clothes before we headed out to the doctor's office. AND I got to spot shot about half of my chair. After a morning at the doctor's office, we discovered that Ellie has an ear infection along with croup. We got some meds, but there is still that lovely "virus" that caused the cold to turn into croup...so the doctor said to keep Ellie away from Beckett. That RSV stuff has a way of discussing itself as just a cold.
And why am I so psycho, I mean concerned about RSV and preemies? Jack's mama gives a great explanation of preemie lungs.
http://www.lifewithjack.com/2012/01/preemie-lungs-also-another-good-reason.html
Seriously, when do people get a hold on having two kids? We are still feeling like we are in survival mode! Beckett is still eating every 3 hours day and night. (Yeah, us preemie parents don't exactly get to follow the "never wake a sleeping baby" rule). He isn't breastfeeding well at all, so I'm still pumping. But pumping and feeding. Good gravy, that makes for a lot of dishes! We go back to the doctor on the 27th I think for a weight check. The development specialist for ECI is coming on Feb.14, but we're still waiting for Physical Therapy to come and see Beckett. Apparently there are two kiddos in front of Beckett, so we will wait a bit. Not sure how that all works. Would really like to get that going though. His head/neck control is not very good, and I'd like to be doing more for him.
Sorry for the sob story. Guess I'm having an off day. Frustrated because we try so hard to not get sick. But I know...it's just inevitable. Ugh. Guess it's a day where I need to re-read God's provision for Beckett's early days for a better perspective on this day.
But seriously, is it Summer yet?
hugs to you all...wish I could be there but I didn't do much better with burping and we all seem to get sick sometimes...all part of who we are. Did you ask the doc about Beckett spitting up? Think he and you will just have to work through it...burping more often, did it work to put him over your legs?...grandma would love to show him how to do it!! Another one of those mysteries I guess...hang in there...they grow up too fast anyway...each day is a new day and every chance of being better than the one before..love you...
ReplyDeleteLove ya, Mandy. It always made me feel better to think of all the other mamas who are up feeding their babies at the same time. Like you are in a special club and only the other mamas understand. You are all doing the same thing - parenting your children while the rest of the world sleeps. All too soon he will be running out the door on a date or something. I will be praying!
ReplyDeleteHey Mandy, tomorrow will be better! (Hopefully!) But really it does get better. I remember those days and how exhausting and exasperating they were. Don't forget it is ok to ask for help. :) Just thought I would pop in and say that we have been taking chewable Vit. D around here this winter and it has really seemed to help with our sicknesses. We seem to get less and fight them better. I just buy the name brand @ Walmart/drugstore/grocery store. Anyway, praying that everyone has a better day tomorrow. :)
ReplyDeleteWinter is tough on all of us, and 2 kids is tough too, no doubt about it! You just have extra challenges, and I think pumping AND feeding would be absolutely exhausting especially at night. Good for you mama, for persevering through all the tough times. I will be praying for your kids to stay well (Ellie to get well) and for strength for you during this time.
ReplyDelete