I have sooooooo loved having mom and dad here. They are such a huge help and blessing. Dad continues to amaze me with his cooking skills. He can make anything out of leftovers and food that just hasn't been used. Who knew brats and buns could be added to an egg bake? Ellie and he have been baking up a storm. Yesterday she even helped spice up and rub a whole chicken. And yes, she does say, Chicken...baulk, baulk. While making classic Grandpa Chocolate Chip cookies, she was a step ahead of grandpa asking, "Are you going to add some vanilla now?" What a smart cookie. We have been well fed, that's for sure. Such a blessing.
Well, I made it halfway thru RSV season with out getting sick. I don't know if it was a combination of "Hey Mandy, you're mom and dad are here to give you a break and slow down, so go ahead and get sick" or....I have just been in survival mode for the past 4 months...sleep deprived. I don't know. But I have gotten the most sleep since Beckett was born this week! Mom and dad even helped with the night feedings. And dishes, and laundry. Yes, I know they love me. Mom has pretty much done every feeding during the day. I hadn't held Beckett for the past 5 days. I just didn't want to get him sick. I did go to urgent care to see what illness I was dealing with, and they said I had bacterial upper respiratory infection. I'm just glad its treatable with antibiotics. Still makes me nervous. Since I was over my 24 hours on antibiotics, I did hold him last night, but with a mask. Oh, and I so have sanitized this entire place!!
Please pray for both Beckett and Ellie's protection, and my anxiety that they are going to get sick. So hard because you spend that long in the hospital, you desparately do NOT want to go back.
Beckett's neck strength has been getting better. Dad said he lifted his head up on his chest 6 times yesterday morning, and mom said he lifted, and turned from one side to the other when she was holding him.
I am sooooo going to miss them. We wouldn't have survived this week with out them. Just wish we lived closer.
They already made banana nut muffins this morning, and now Ellie and Grandpa are outside weeding. I had to get Ellie a little hoe too just like what Grandpa was going to use. I'm going to get some pansies today too for them to lighten up the front yard with some color. Ellie is so, so excited.
I'm sure the blessing for you is as much a blessing for your folks. Am happy for all of you. Pansies already? sigh.... we hope for a high of 36 in southwest oz-land.
ReplyDelete