Thursday, February 14, 2013

Big Dreams

So, I started a job, a business with Rodan + Fields Dermatologists selling skin care products. A job I can do from my home, so I can do what is most important for me right now...stay home with my preemies. But I have big dreams for this business. I have to put on my brave pants again. And though it may be a slow start, I can't wait to see what God will do through this business...

He continues to amaze me. I have to share this. You just don't make this stuff up! I saw a consultant, Ali, on one of our team's FB sites post about how she was a RN from a medical spa, and had just started with Rodan + Fields too. I had liked the education she had been posting about the skin care products, more from the medical side of things, so I reached out to her asking if I could re-post her stuff. I told her my "WHY" I am in this business. For my kids. For my tiny miracles. And I shared a bit of our story.

She wrote back and said she too has a tiny miracle. Sweet Anna who was born at 1 lb. 3 oz. is her "WHY" she is in this business too. 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Of ALL the consultants I reached out to, the one I picked was ALSO a preemie mama?

Of course, insta bond. The preemie mom insta bond.

She has been such an encouragement to me already in this business, and I can't wait to hear about Sweet Anna's preemie journey. We started sharing last night, but then it got TOO late!

She shared a tribute video of her sweet girl. The tears just flowed. And it made me remember Ellie's video we made after she came home from the NICU.

Even four years later. I'm still SO thankful. We are Thankful. Thankful for the greatest LOVE that got us through not one, but two preemie journeys.

Read back...Click on the link below...remember our first sweet miracle baby? Be thankful again with us.

No one knows what life will bring...I will offer just one thing. I will trust HIS LOVE in me. Loving you eternally...

http://elliegramkow.blogspot.com/2008/11/we-are-thankful.html

So why the business? I have BIG dreams. And they all involve our journey with preemies. I would love to become a NICU nurse, and pay for schooling. I would love to give back to all the organizations that served us: Stormont Vail Hospital Foundation, Ronald McDonald House in Topeka, Kansas, March of Dimes for ongoing research efforts for premature infants, NICU Helping Hands Foundation,

and my biggest dream....

To be able to fund a licensed counselor in every NICU. A counselor that parents can meet with IN the NICU, free of charge. NICU parents don't want to leave their babies. But, I think there would be such value in having professional counselors there to talk with parents IN the midst of the crisis...to validate feelings, to validate the norm of the trauma they are going through, to process all the unmet expectations they have had to so abruptly face, to address all the feelings they never "wanted to feel," to help process how we all handle stress in a crisis differently...the list goes on.

I never knew this passion would come out of this journey that I never saw coming. But like Ellie's tribute video song says, "No one knows what life will bring..."

I will trust HIS LOVE in me.

Happy Valentine's Day, ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Such a GREAT story, and such a GREAT business, too! Much luck to you as you DREAM BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God carry you through the fulfillment of your Big Dreams as they are an unselfish desire to give back...the dreams are so big He loves to be a part of making the impossible happen...so run with Him in this awesome new business you have started...when discouragement or frustration settle on you...shake them off and revisit your dreams...He gave you those dreams for His Kingdom...never ever forget that and never never never quit!

    ReplyDelete