Sunday, December 14, 2008

So hard...

First off, I want to publicly apologize for using Ellie's blog as a way to vent my frustrations about the past couple days. I wish I could say that I am a woman of great strength and faith, but I sure have fallen with all the worldly things that have come my way lately. Someone very dear to me brought it to my attention and I am asking all of you who have read the past couple posts to please forgive me for my words, my attempts to blame someone for the things we've had to go through. It's so hard, but it's no excuse. I would hope all of you know that God is a very important part of both Ben and my life, but my past actions would not necessarily exemplify it. I admit - Since being home...I want control, I want answers, and I apparently want someone else to blame for what we've had to endure. I guess it just didn't hit me as much until I got home and it's now just Ben and I...Ellie's our pride and joy, but our responsibility. It saddens my heart to notice all the sin that is apparent in the world now that I'm a mom. But I too must remember that I sin, just like everyone else. Again, I don't know why these things have to happen. I just have to trust that God knows what He's doing and that He's put Ellie in the care of medical professionals that are perfectly able to do just that...care for her. I guess I need a lesson on trusting the people God's put in our path for Ellie too. We are very blessed to have Dr. Duff as our pediatrician and Lord, forgive me in the ways in which I have been so angered and bitter toward the staff there. I should have been turning to comfort from you rather than just filling myself with emotions and anger toward someone who in my eyes could be worthy of the blame. Lord, heal my brokenness. Lord, hold my heart and please remind me daily that Ellie is Yours and that you have protected her thus far and will continue to protect her - synagis or no synagis. Help me to let you carry Ellie rather than trying to carry her myself. I can't do this alone. Thank you Jesus for your grace and allowing me to come back to you even when I disappoint you. Thank you for the gift of Ellie, thank you for the people still continuing to pray for her, thank you for the people who love us and are walking life beside us, keeping us aligned with Your will. "Your child is in God's hands... she has been from the beginning. You are feeling the weight of the large and precious responsibility that the Lord has given to you. With it comes incredible joy, opportunity, delight, hope and dreams unimaginable. With it comes tremendous heartache, frustration, confusion, self-doubt, suspicion of even the most common things. Though she is home... she is still the Lord's... not yours. Her life is in God's hands and no amount of anxiety will pry His grip from her... no matter what we do."

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you growing :) It's all part of the journey, my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard not to be frustrated and angry when things aren't going right for your daughter--you just want the best for them--even if it is at your expense. Welcome to motherhood. Thank goodness we have such a forgiving God--I need it daily. Love you and have a super day. Will call you when I get off work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it good to know that we have a gracious and loving God? I can't imagine a relationship with Him where I couldn't mess up and had to try and be perfect. He is a big God, with big shoulders. And thank goodness for that!!! Mandy, I can tell you that motherhood is going to bring you more emotions, feelings, thoughts, and desires than you could ever imagine. But you already knew that!! I miss seeing you guys so much, and think of you often. Ellie's smiling picture is in our dining room, where my special angels are proudly displayed. Just be patient with yourselves, and keep trusting God. He sees the beginning from the end, including our thoughts along the way. Believe me, He does. (Man, maybe I needed to read this so I remembered too-goodness knows this next month is going to be tough on Nick and myself)Hugs to you all, give Ellie a humongous kiss from me!!! Tammy Lister

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay Mandy

    BREATHE IN......BREATHE OUT.....
    BREATHE IN......BREATHE OUT.....

    Welcome to the wonderful world of being a "MOM" I completely understand your frustrations. You and Ben have been through so much~ and stress, frustrations, set backs,school pressure, home bound, etc. etc..................and the bottom line of all this is "You want the best for Ellie and for nothing to happen to her. The sad thing is we don't live in a perfect world and we get these little bumps along the road and its these bumps and how we handle them that God is developing our character. You guys are doing terrific....in the dark times the littlest star is shining the brightest. Hang in there......Let go....let God......he's there Mandy...reach out...lean on him and take the stress off of you. I'm a control person and want everything to go perfectly well much to my dismay it doesn't happen like that...I've been humbled MANY times and thank God for his forgiveness....Its all part of the journey my friend. So....Give Ben a hug, Ellie a big hug and trust me.... the sun will come out tomorrow. God is proud of you.......Team Gramkow will prevail!!! Hugs from Iowa and also Christmas blessings.......



    Ellie can do it, yes she can!!

    ReplyDelete