Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We GOT the SYNAGIS!!!

So at 6:30 a.m. I called the Caremark pharmacy (yes, that's right when they open) to do my from what has become "routine" check on Ellie's synagis shot. They told me they were shipping it out from the CVS/Caremark Pharmacy in Lenexa, KS and gave me their number - and told me their pharmacy didn't open until 7:30 a.m. So I fed Ellie, we put some eye drops in (yes, because she had a REALLY gunky eye that started yesterday...yeah, it was too the point where her poor eye was like matted shut :( Anyways, waitied for 7:30 to roll around. Called. And I had to wait until getting a call back from the synagis coordinator, pharmacist there - I'm not sure what her title is...but she said, "Yes, Mandy, we have everything approved and it will ship out tomorrow and should be there hopefully via UPS by noon." I asked if there was anyway that it could get shipped out today and she said no. Then I asked, Can I come pick it up? She said, oh, dear, I wouldn't want you to have to drive to come get it...whereupon I fought off the tears saying, "Mam, do you know how long I've waited for this shot? Do you understand that she's already a week overdue today?" Then she said, Ok, you can come pick it up - do what you need to do. (Wouldn't any mom go get it? It just wasn't an option not to in my mind...boy the adreneline was rushing) I called my good friend Alisha for a riding buddy and got the plans made to dig our car out of the snow bunny it was in and head to Kansas City! Well, thank GOD for Aunt Alice (this is Ben's aunt) who lives in Kansas City - so I call and have it arranged for Aunt Alice to be able to actually pick up the synagis from the Lenexa pharmacy (which they had to have an hour to get it packaged and on ice) and she then drive toward us as we're driving toward her! We met in Topeka at the Spangles on Wanamaker for the pass off. :) What a good Aunt...and she even threw in some blueberry jam! So I called the home health agency and we're on the schedule for Ellie to get her shot around 2:30/2:45 p.m. today. Yippee! I'm so happy! Thank goodness that Ben was feeling 90% better so he could take care of Ellie - he's such a good dad and was wearing the mask and washing his hands like a madman! Such a good feeling knowing that the Synagis is in my fridge, and that I know she's getting it today - no more phone calls...except to start setting up the synagis for NEXT MONTH! :) UPDATE: Nurse Julie came and administered Ellie's synagis - she weighed 7 lbs. 12 1/2 oz. with her scale. She cried pretty good, but no worries, mommy comforted her right after! She's a trooper! Prayers for Ellie's eye - at 8 a.m. I did call the Dr. and they said to keep trying the eye drops that we had from a couple weeks ago for Ellie's clogged tear ducts. We've already noticed that it's helping. If it's still present then tomorrow we'll need to bring her into see Dr.Duff again! **Also update on her eating - it's getting better....we're experimenting still - we've found that the Dr.Brown's level 2 nipple works well for Ellie. She's been taking 40s, 50, 60 mLs....also we've been feeding her only 22 calorie milk - we'll see if she can still gain weight this way!

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo for Ellie! I'm glad you got everything you need!! Clogged tear ducts are a real stinker to deal with - some babies battle it for like a year! Keep trucking! Peyton had his clogged duct for probably a month!!

    GOOD LUCK! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee for Synagis!!! But remember to trust in God, not the synagis.

    ReplyDelete