Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ellie's White Dress

Some of you may have seen me post on Facebook a while back about Ellie and our wedding. One afternoon we decided to put the good old wedding DVD in to watch. Ellie LOVED it! She watched the entire thing, and had such a fun time pointing out the people she knew. We have talked to her about how mommy and daddy are married, and how we said we will love each other forever. She knows that my ring was a gift from daddy on our wedding. And she always talks about the white dress that mommy wore. Daddy wore the black and white shirt with a rose. And then she usually makes reference to how it's a "match" to the pictures up on the wall in our room. She did think Amelia and Cedric got married too because she was wearing a white dress like mommy. Had to explain the flower girl concept. She even watched the message! Everything from start to finish. And than again. And the next few days too. She had Grandpa watch it with her yesterday as a matter of fact!


When it was all done, she seriously said "but mama, I want a white dress." She borderline threw a tantrum, but I again had to try and explain to her that when she was big than she can get married, and wear a white dress.

That night when we were saying bedtime prayers, she asked me about my ring, and about our wedding day. She asked if she could marry daddy. I had to break it to her that I already married him, so she had to pick someone else. She said, "but mommy, I don't know what kind of boy to pick." So I started sharing with her...well, a boy that will be kind and gentle, and play games with you, and be nice, and love Jesus. She quickly interjected "Jesus is a boy." "Yes, you are right."

I told Ben about our conversation, and of course the next day he asked her what she remembered about watching our wedding. Ellie said "daddy you wore a black shirt and white shirt, and a rose and you are going to walk me down the aisle." Pretty sure Ben about fainted when she said that. She did know that grandpa walked me down the aisle...she had pointed that out to me when we were watching. Then Ben asked her if she knew what boy she was going to pick, and with a sad face, she said "I don't know." Ben then asked her if she wanted us to pick, and she said "Yes!" We actually were recording their conversation, so yes folks, we have that on a recording. Ha! Ha! :)

Oh Ellie. You sweet girl. We pray you will be a beautiful bride to a blessed young man someday...but we're not letting you grow up too soon!

Lucky for Ellie, Grandma Weber just so happened to find a white dress. Ellie wore it on Easter Sunday (even though she stayed home with Grandpa while Mom and Dad went to church), and daddy caught some amazing photos of our princess, don't you think?



3 comments:

  1. How absolutely precious Mandy! Your kids are two beautiful gifts that bring so much joy to many through your postings! I know I have laughed and cried along with you through all your happy and sad posted moments but the pictures show just how sweet your gifts truly are! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mandy, how absolutely precious!! What an awesome story you have to share with her one day!! She looks adorable in her pics--she's so growth up and cute as can be!! :)

    ReplyDelete