Ok, yes, I know mom. It's midnight, and I'm up blogging. But you know it's true. When does a mom get anything done? The kids are asleep. Grandpa is asleep, and already volunteered the 5 am shift. My dad is here helping me out this week because Ben's gone for work. He has been SO helpful. I got to take a shower AND do my hair today!
Back to the OT discussion: Ok, so the infant massage is something we have been working on (sensory) and also we are working on "flexion" which is the fancy word for working on the flailing arms. Our homework with OT is side-lying, placing hands on his shoulders trying to really encourage mid line. I learned where his pectoral reflex is, and that helps prompt the wanting to move his arm part. This past session we also added trying to get him to reach for toys while laying on his side. It's amazing how a lot of their motivation is VISUAL. Lot of truth there. Since we had to take the hiatus because of insurance purposes, Debbie hadn't seen him for a couple weeks! She was very pleased that he has found his fingers, and was bringing them to his mouth. He does sometimes hold his hands in the praying motion too. He does like to try and help with the bottle, but it all supports the whole mid line goal. He does like to grasp my finger too. I love when that tiny finger wraps around mine! We are also still working on tracking, and he seems to be getting better at staying focused and following the toy we shake in front of him. It's also important for us to start introducing different sounds, lights, and textures, again to help develop his sensory areas. Ok, not sure if that really made sense, but you get my drift.
TV Time out. Gotta check on B man. Well, an hour and a half later. This is what happens. I see B stirring, I go prepare his bottle (because I just pumped because I was gone earlier to Bible Study). I change diaper, barely wet. His grandpa (bless his heart) put his onesie on backwards, and it was wet so I change it too. I start feeding him. He dirty's clean diaper. Try making him just wait it out, but he gives me the tongue push. So I change his diaper again, whereupon I learn that he has pooped all the way up his back. and thru his onesie to the sleeper. Change diaper, get new jammers on. Finish bottle. Hold him while he sleep smiles for a bit. Put to bed. And I'm spent too...so the binge blogging will have to continue into tomorrow. But I'm going to try REALLY hard to get caught up. Haven't even gotten to the pediatrician 6 month check up, nutrition consult, family visiting, Big Sister Ellie updates...
Fascinating info Mandy. With all the things you need to do, watch for, plus Ellie time,I'm amazed you can still see straight! You are a wonder woman momma!!
ReplyDelete