| Outside world? What? |
Yes, this may come to a surprise to some, but the outside world is a crazy place filled with germs.
But ... Praise God for good days and baby steps!
So, obviously you know we have been on RSV Lock Down for quite some time. Well, I am happy to report that this mama is taking baby steps! Just yesterday, I loaded up the kids and went on an adventure to deliver a meal to one of my dear friends who just had a baby. That's right ... with the KIDS! Wait for it ... and we all went inside! Gasp! :) It was only the second time Beckett has been out somewhere other than doctor's visits, chiropractor, therapy visits. (The first time was actually at our small group Bible Study where just the couples no kids met.) BIG STEP. And I let Anna hold him. Gasp! I know, but it was only fair since she let me hold her precious Baby Oliver. No worries. They believe in washing hands and hand sanitizer too, so all was well.
Oh, AND yesterday ... we were coming back from the chiropractor, and I noticed a lady pushing a stroller walking down our street with a little boy. And so ... of course, I stalked her down :), waved her over, and turns out she lives just a few houses down from us. YAY! She has a sweet 12 weeker and a boy that is around Ellie's age. YAY! SO it turns out that the people in our neighborhood aren't just criminals and old people. I'm excited to get together with her. It'll be nice to have someone to walk around with close to our house! We actually have a mutual friend even! What a small world. I think it was a God thing we met.
So TODAY, I was brave AGAIN. I loaded Beckett and Ellie up, and we stopped into our church for the last Tuesday morning Women's Bible Study to say hi and thank them for all their prayers for our sweet Beckett. He got lots of smiles ... it made this mama's heart happy. :) I may or may not have said when I walked in the room, "Please don't touch him, or I might have to karate chop you." :) We didn't stay long because Beckett had to eat. I may or may not have run into the door with Beckett's car seat and diaper bag, and Ellie. Guess I reminded everyone that I haven't been out much. And apparently it turns out I'm not so suave without the stroller (aka the mini man cave).
So praise God for Good Days and Baby Steps.
We are going to see family this weekend and celebrate our sweet nephew, Ethan's baptism. Traveling: Another baby step.
And then when we come back we might actually go to church. Gasp! I know, I know. But just know in advance fellow church goers: I may or may not come late and leave early. Not because I don't love you. But it's more for this mama and her anxiety. Baby Steps.
And so is the life of a mother of two preemies re-entering the world after RSV season.
Baby steps. There is nothing wrong with Baby steps.
****Oh Oh OH! And CELEBRATE with us because we have $1125 pledged so far for our NICU Helping Hands Burgers for Babies event! We are almost half way to having a Table for TEAM GRAMKOW!
This cracks me up! And helps me to be prepared for the future, and to remember to be light hearted about it! At least I can always talk to you if I feel crazy..because you'll understand!! :-) SO happy you are getting to venture out!!
ReplyDelete