Friday, December 26, 2008

Ellie's First Christmas

What a wonderful blessing to spend our first Christmas with our Little Ellie. Although it was very different and hard to be away from our family this Christmas, we sure enjoyed the day. We started the morning off with monkey bread and an egg bake and then some pork tenderloin, stuffing, vegetables and pecan pie for our Christmas Dinner. Unfortunately Ellie didn't have much variety in her meals though out the day, but she didn't complain much. Ben and I exchanged gifts and then we also got gifts for Ellie, separately. So it was a surprise to see what each of us got our little girl! My favorite gift she got from dad were these cute red shoes! I was really excited because Ben got me a digital photo frame - so I can put all the pictures I want on there and it's my own personal slide show! Then Team Gramkow decided to decorate a gingerbread house. It was pretty fun and a tradition I think Ellie will love down the road! We are thankful for Jesus, the Son and the chance to remember His birth. We are thankful for a Jesus who has given us such a blessed gift for Christmas this year...our little Ellie.

5 comments:

  1. I was just showing Jay the pictures of Ellie and saying how amazing her story is. I mean, from 2 pounds to 8 pounds, continuing to do so well, developing right on schedule and being so healthy. It just makes me smile, to see your miracle story continue to unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie is a beautiful little girl! Thanks for sharing your story with us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed the red shoes right away. Adorable. good job Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those little red shoes. I wish they had them in my size!!!! She looks beautiful!

    Hope you had a good Christmas- just think next year she'll be tearing the paper open herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red shoes. And the gingerbread house even looks better than the one Cameron and I made :)

    ReplyDelete