Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Beckett aka Endo Man

Well, finally connected with the GI nurse after phone tag. Beckett gets to start a new reflux med, Nexium. So we shall see...

I thought that was it, but nope.

They also want to do a couple procedures. An endoscopy (which he will have to be put under for), biopsies, and a reflux study (the probe will be placed when he is under), and then we take him home, feed as normal, and push a button on his computer when he starts his fussy post 2 oz. ways. We will do this for 24 hours, and return the pH data filled computer. We should hear results from the endoscopy right after the procedure.

Mixed emotions about this one. I mean, I want a new plan. I want some answers. But I don't want something to be wrong.

Please pray for:
1. A fast scheduled scope. The scheduler is supposed to call by Thurs. And of course, mama bear wants it done as soon as possible. :) Plus, we are heading to Iowa next week!
2. For the Nexium to give him some immediate relief. Poor Beckett.
3. For whatever they find to be an easy fix.

Thanks friends and fam!
Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Praying that Beckett feels better and all that comes with that! P.S. I find it incredibly interesting that medicine can do this sort of thing! :)

    ReplyDelete