Friday, June 8, 2012

Frustrated Francis

Better start with some positives to counteract my Frustrated Francis (FF) feelings this morning.

OK. Positives.
  1. Beckett LOVES to roll over to his tummy. Still only suave to his right side. (Ahh. FF alert) We are trying to overcompensate helping him by supporting his hips to roll to his left. He does tolerate his tummy for long periods of time, and can hold his head up really well. He has done really well with extending his arms out to play with toys in front of him, lifting up his arms off the ground. He also has started pivoting to reach toys to his side. YAY!
  2. He is doing so well with supporting sitting. We are working on the propping (kind of like a tripod) which is the next step to his way to sitting up by himself freedom. He is learning that his weight shifts as he leans, but does try and correct himself. Oh, that balance thing. It's tough!
  3. He is starting to pull his legs up under his torso while he is on his tummy. Hopefully this will help him roll from his tummy to his back, which he hasn't done yet. (Ahh. FF alert) I meant he does roll from tummy to his back when mama helps his arm not get trapped, and bends one knee under him to provide a more graceful rolling experience. He does get pretty frustrated when he is stuck on his tummy. Like right now. Be right back. He needs to simmer down with his play...he's going to be super tired for his Physical Therapy appointment at 11:30 today!
  4. At the doctor yesterday, his lungs sounded great. So I think we hopefully are officially over cold #1, and he did GREAT! Wahoo! No fever, no croup, no labored breathing, just a fair amount of bulb syringing. Sad story though...found out that a case of RSV was at church in Ellie's class. Seriously...RSV in JUNE? Frustrating.
OK. Frustrations.
  1. Beckett's eating continues to be frustrating. It really depends on the day whether I choose to let it really bother me or not. Today, it's bothering me. So Beckett's weight check yesterday at the doctor was less than stellar. Did NOT gain much at all! :( He is at 14 lbs. 13.5 oz. now, and I need to cling to the fact that he DID NOT LOSE WEIGHT. But seriously Beckett. So still feeding every two hours (I let him sleep from midnight to 5:30ish), but getting REALLY frustrated as he has only eaten 1.5 oz, 2 oz, and now 1 oz, at his 9 am already today! This past week, and occasionally, I try and stretch it to every three hours. However, he doesn't eat any more volume than every 2. Not cool B man. When is he going to figure out that eating is the cool thing to do? He is doing so well developmentally which is great, but all that activity burns calories!
  2.  Looks like I'll put a call into the GI nutritionist to see what her thoughts are. I am supposed to check in with her after two weeks anyways. I do think the meds are helping him be less agitated when he eats, but the volumes still aren't increasing. I am not supposed to be obsessing supposed to look more at the "weeks" volume and then average it out. Struggling with this one. Big 'ol Frustrated Francis (FF) alert.
  3. Back for another weight check actually at his 9 month appointment on June 25. Seriously. 9 months old? Whoa. And on June 6, he turned "5 months adjusted age." Wahoo!
  4.  
  5.  
  6.  
  7.  
  8.  
  9.  
  10.  
  11. And now I'm frustrated as to why I can't figure out how to get the auto numbering to stop. Will post PICTURES later I guess. :)
  12.  
  13. Have a great Frustrated Francis Free Day Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment