Friday, June 8, 2012
Bedtime Stories
Ellie was going to bed last night (she does that pretty much every night). When we brush her teeth we always sing the ABC song so we know how long to keep brushing. But last I night I kept singing "The Colors of the Rainbow ..." song from the Signing Time DVDs. I finally stopped myself and said "Gosh Ellie, I have got that song stuck in my head tonight."
She looked at me like I was strange (no, I mean even stranger than I really am) and said "What?"
"I have that song stuck in my head."
She tousled my hair a few times and said "No you don't. That's just your hair in there."
She definitely keeps us laughing.
After she climbed in bed she asked me if I would sing "the cradle one" instead of the usual "Jesus Loves Me" and "Silent Night". (Yes that's right, I proudly sing Silent Night all year long ... Mandy thinks it's weird, but back when I started singing to her before bed those were the only two songs I could think of that I knew all the words to.)
Well I could think of the tune, but I could not think of how the words started. So I started humming the tune in hopes that it would jog my memory. Before I could come up with "Rock a bye baby" she very politely suggested "Um, how 'bout with your mouth?"
Post by Daddy Ben
But Mommy Mandy just had to add this picture that Daddy Ben took...isn't her hair awesome?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have been nominated as "One Lovely Blog" because you've shown me what to do when you put your trust in God that all with turn out okay, then realize you have to struggle yet again. And, what other blog is a seamless team effort!
ReplyDelete