Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Day in the Life

Today has been a crazy day. Sorry we haven't blogged much. But we're going to make up for it the same way we always do: by flooding you with new posts. Today we searched all of Topeka, KS for a princess luggage bag. (You know, the kind that Ellie will use as a carry on for all of her business flights.) Apparently they don't exist. Our nurse said that she had seen one recently. Actually she is the nurse we had a while back who is from Mercy in Manhattan and just works here in Topeka every now and then. So maybe she saw it in Manhattan somewhere. Who knows. But if anyone sees one please let us know where it is so we can jump for joy and purchase with glee. Amidst all the luggage hunting we picked up a few more things that we will need. We dropped off the prescriptions for Ellie's meds. And we ran a few other last minute errands. We didn't get back to the NICU quite as early as we would have liked so when we did it was time to do Ellie's assessment and then get her to the NICU hotel. At the assessment we got a bonus length measurement. Normally we only get them on Saturday but since today was Ellie's last 9 pm assessment they measured her length today. And they found her to be 18 3/4" long. That's a gain of half an inch since last Saturday! She also had a good weight gain. She weighed in at 6 lbs 7.2 oz (2925 g)! That's a pretty good gain. Way to grow Ellie! I should probably point out that she has a little added weight from the band that keeps her leads on. I think that amounts to about 20 grams. So she still had a good gain. Well I'm off to be a dad now! I don't know what my little girl needs from me right now, but I'll think of something.

3 comments:

  1. If you can wait to use it in the future, go to amazon.com and search "princess luggage." They have tons of options.
    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. grandma can go shopping I need Christmas ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this one?
    http://disneyprincess.tystoybox.com/ttp/disney-princess-luggage-rolling-luggage/products_id/125748.html?utm_source=froogle_DPR-630-12-105736EN&utm_medium=referral

    Or this one?
    http://www.target.com/Disney-Princess-Rolling-Slumber-Set/dp/B00155UZHW/sr=1-1/qid=1226614446/ref=sr_1_1/190-1654532-1333824?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aprincess%20luggage&page=1

    ReplyDelete