
Today at 3 p.m. I breastfed Ellie again and she amazed us! She ate 24 mL and then had enough energy to finish the remainder of her feeding through the bottle! Wahoo! I was seriously jumping up and down celebrating when Ben finished the bottle with Ellie! I knew she could do it! Then we fed her at 6 p.m. and she took 41 mL and then had another "blue" desat for mom. :( So the nurse and I decided to call it quits. She got the rest of her feeding via gavage. So...we're back at square one in counting again...for our 16 consecutive feedings (48 hours) where she completes all her bottles. But that's ok Ellie - we'll wait for you.
We got back tonight from Ronnie's after supper at 8:30 in order to give our little princess a bath! We totally missed in on Friday, and Saturday...and finally Sunday she got one! She smells so much better! And her hair looks so much better too. I think she actually has Dad's greasy hair syndrome (after not getting washed after a day :) We are trying some newborn size clothes now - she's getting so long these days! She's so cute and we love her Oh...so much!
Tonight's assessment included a drop in her weight - probably due to the mondo poop that she had earlier today. She lost 20 grams so she's back down to 2840 grams - 6 lbs. 4 oz. Ben's feeding her right now so we'll see how that goes to see if our count starts again. Ok, well, she ate 47 and then was spent. So maybe we'll see if our count will start again at 12 midnight.
Am enjoying these pictures of your delightful daughter, and I can almost smell that fresh baby smell as you cuddle such a warm bundle of love.
ReplyDeleteEllie's getting so big! She's just 4 ounces less than Gabriel when he was born, and 3/4 inch longer. Way to go!
ReplyDelete