Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Mid Morning Update
Ellie had a great night last night (relative to the previous few). She only had 6 desats and one self-resolved bradie! We are hoping to hear the results from the pneumogram and the reflux study later this afternoon.
Eating is getting better - she took the whole bottle (she's now up to 55 mL) at 3 a.m. this morning. The nurse used the regular flow nipple and held her sidelying. So now it sounds like everyone is sidelying positioning - yay! So now we need to learn. They said after their experimenting, this seems to be what's working, so we're going to stick with it! At 9 am this morning, she took 41 with the speech therapist again with regular and sidelying. We're excited to try feeding her later this evening!
Today Ellie is getting her 2 month shots - Hib, Pneumococcal Conjugate, Tetanus (DTaP), and polio. Usually the babies are fussy and sore, so I'm excited to be here to cuddle all day long with little Ellie! I think they're going to administer them around noon. Oh, I asked about her RSV shots (because cold/flu season started Nov.1) and found out that the first one only needs to be administered before we go home.
I had my checkup this morning with Debbie and she was a lot more optimistic! She said it looked 100 percent better even from the last two weeks. However, she said that she's still going to call because we're just not sure if it's 100 gone! So she's calling the Dr. to see if maybe one more week and then we also are going to propose a prophylactic dose weekly so that this thing doesn't come back raging again. I was glad for that option. So yeah, waiting to hear what the Dr. says. Also, she said to alternate some topical medicine to see if that works too. She was so encouraging and we're going to see how this week goes and re-evaluate. And possibly try breast feeding late this week with a shield. (I know..who knew they existed!) Anyways, thanks for your prayers...I do feel better about the situation.
And in case you were wondering, my daughter is still really cute and is making all sorts of noises - that one just sounded like a horses neigh! Too funny! She sure knows how to make mommy and daddy smile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FYI...Liam's sounds are a billy goat and a sheep!! lol
ReplyDelete