Saturday, November 15, 2008

Loving You Eternally

Well, I just wrote about how I was excited for my quality time with Ellie. So of course, with someone so little, someone who can't talk back, but can only make the sweetest noises...there leaves a lot of time for reflection, thanks and praise. Oh, where we've come. It's been so great getting things back in line at our apartment and with our life here in Manhattan; however, with each thing I put away, I'm reminded of how something was before we left for our journey in the NICU, and it moves me to tears.
Most of you who know me well know that I love to sing. I remember, from what seems like just yesterday, but was obviously three months ago, sitting at my computer singing to my belly. I did this a lot especially when Ben was away in Wichita for his summer internship. I thought the baby would like to hear lullabyes, so I bought the McCaughey Septuplets "Sweet Dreams" CD (which is super old, but so great!) and I always was drawn to sing my heart out and be moved to tears with one song imparticular. It's called, "Loving You Eternally" by Michael W. Smith. (I couldn't find it on Youtube, otherwise I'd include the link. ) *There's another song by Chris Rice on there called "Oh what dreams," but we won't go there right now!
So as I sit here, in my computer chair, singing to my little Ellie, looking at my sweet little girl, I can't help but cry through the lyrics as they mean so much more now that this chapter in our life is now over and we're back home.
Here are the song lyrics:
Little Baby, cherished, loved
Watched by angels from above
Who can know what years may hold?
Jesus loves you this I know.
Deepest Longing earnest prayer
Dearest hope and constant care
Showing you our Father's ways
Shining love in darkest days
No one knows what life may bring
I will promise just one thing
I will trust His love in me
Loving you eternally
If someday you turn from me
Looking toward the light you see
Even though we're far apart
Home is in your Father's heart
No one knows what life may bring
I will promise just one thing
I will trust His love in me
Loving you eternally
Please take a moment as you read this posting, to thank God for Ellie. We can't imagine our lives with out Ellie. We did not know what life would bring, but she is so amazing, such a delight, a miracle, and precious gift. Thank you Jesus for loving Ellie eternally and allowing me to trust Your love. Thank you for watching our little angel from up above.

3 comments:

  1. Mandy, Ben and Ellie Jo,
    I am so glad to see you are at home. Ellie, you get a fabulous A+++. You are such a little thing now, but when you are bigger, you will have to ask your daddy about the grades he hands out. By the way Mom and Dad, you get an A+++, too. You have done a wonderful job with your little angel. Have fun and relax a little now that she is home. Ellie, you will always hold a special place in this NICU nurse's heart...you are my doll baby!!! Enjoy every moment....they do go way too fast!!
    Love to all and God Bless
    Korrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, Ben and Ellie Jo...
    I am glad to see you are doing well. I am sure it is nice to be home and not at Topeka or NICU, or Ronnie's house,.... but I am sure you miss us a little... How is nursing/pumping/feeding going? I have thought of you this week/weekend, but was really enjoying our daughter, Stephanie, her son, Ben, and our son Jeff and his wife, Sara. Jeff and Sara came and stayed from Lawrence. I don't know if I told you or not. We talked about you and our coincidence and finding each other. Ben, had a full blown asthma attack, and we think it was to Jeff and Sara's two little miniature dashounds. We called Jeff's old pediatrician, (Ellen's husband) at home Thursday evening, just a few hours after Sara and the dogs arrived.) and we made it though the night coughing/wheezing, and made an appointment on Friday morning before it got worse. He put him on albuterol and prenisone and by afternoon, things were better. I am sure that my basement, where we were playing all day, didn't help either... damp/etc. We had such fun all weekend with all of them. We took Steph and Ben to the airport in KC this morning and when we got home, Jeff and Sara were gone.
    So... I wanted to see how your first days home went, so got on to your blog. Sounds like you are doing well and Ellie is breaking you two in right.
    Mandy, I too, love to sing, and get real emotional with words... I will have to find that soung and listen.
    Keep in touch. You do have my e-mail address, too, don't you?
    Love,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mandy Gramkow,
    I had the same trouble looking for the video, so i got the song and made one myself and put it on my blog. Here is the link to it.
    http://jesuslovesallchildrenoftheworld.blogspot.com/2009/04/lullabye.html

    ReplyDelete