Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ellie's second full day at home

Well, her eating I thought was getting better, but then again, who knows...she's sporadic! :) Last night was rough...I confess our first frustration of parenthood - waking up to our princess who was supposed to get fed at 2 am, not 3 am (when she was crying). I frantically woke up and started crying when I saw the clock! Apparently the alarm clock didn't get set right. :( So Ellie was definitely awake and alert for that feeding! She ate like a rock star (understandable); 48 mL and then I even tried breastfeeding (since she was so awake). It went well! Unfortunately, then when it was Dad's turn at 5 a.m. he only got her to eat 16 mL and she was very sleepy. Then 60 mL at 8 am; 37 at 11 a.m.; and 50 just now at 2 p.m. So the home monitor went off about 3 times last night and this morning - but luckily they were all due to "break in contact" when we were picking Ellie up, changing diaper, etc. This means that it wasn't a true apnea/brady, it was just something wrong with the lead band. This afternoon we decided to venture downstairs with Ellie and try out the bouncy seat (minus the bouncy). She wasn't sure about it at first, and so we put some blanket rolls on the sides of her like in her carseat. She did ok, until she starting fussing at started puking out her mouth and her nose. (must have been reflux, since it was already a couple hours after she ate...then again, she eats all the time!) Of course, Ben and I were both eating, and frantically got the bulb syringe and got her out of the bouncy seat to her side. This was extra scary because yep, she turned blue and then dusk. BUT...it didn't obviously happen long enough for her monitor to go off. She is a smart girl though because she was holding her breath rather than aspirate. Still pretty scary being the first "episode" at home and needless to say, I didn't put her down for the next hour. Please pray for her bowel movements. I think she's really working on something because she's been fussy and really wiggly and gassy. Ben finally got to go to a K-State football game today! Yippee! I was excited for him and also for Ellie and I to have some quality time! :) Pictures to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment