I only have time for a quick update...we shall see how I do.
Feeds: increased to 10 mls today, first one at 11 am, he tolerated well with 0.5 residual; tpn lowered
Weight: 4 lbs. 5.1 oz. Length was the same on Sunday (41 cm)
Oxygen: currently at 26 percent. He has been desatting more frequently today. :(
Caffiene: dose got increased to 12 mg/kilo...it was 8.6 and we were trying to see if he would outgrow it...not yet he says
Eye exam that was on Monday, Nov 11: talked thru with Dr.Grubbs and its a zone 2: stage 1of ROP (retinopathy of prematurity) the measurement goes up to 3 zones (actually refers to where it at behind the retina)...higher the zone worse off; lower the stage the better. Eye exam will be sometime next week, and we will look for trends. Dr.Packwood saw Beckett, and he is the same opthamologist that we followed up Ellie with after we moved here.
Head Ultra Sound: was on Monday, hemmorhaged blood is slowly resolving; didn't give a ratio (percentage) this time, but it looks better...slight improvement...so we are "head"ing (get it) in the right direction. That comment was inspired by Ben...he would totally have written that!
Mama's no dairy plan: its good that he is tolerating feeds for most part with low residuals, but will be hard to tell if this is really the factor until he is on full feeds. She is still longing for McDonalds fruit and yogurt parfaits, but for now, "it's only just a dream" (know that song? Wow...Ben, I am on a roll...you would be so proud!)
Hematocrit: is low...he is showing signs of anemia, but we are holding off a bit, don't want to change too many factors at once. He is still retic-ing (making baby red blood cells), but his percentage is "not as exciting as it could be" according to the DRG. (Dr.Grubbs :) doesn't help that he doesn't get to have his iron vitamins until he is back to full feeds (which would prob be around 30 mls....that is one ounce people)...remember he was just getting 1 teaspoon these past few days! You can do it Beckett! Keep packing on those grams!
It's been a good day, and I am still strep free, living to tell the story. However, I haven't held Beckett yet, still need my mama buffer days to make sure I am in the clear! AND I am super excited because I'm about ready to leave as Ben and I are going to get some massages! Bring on the relaxing! We both need it, as we both have matching cold sores from stress...we know we are cool! :)
Thanks as always for continuing to think and pray for our Sweet Beckett, and even his crazy parents! :)
that's a good one...I've been waiting...how is ellie doing at david and audries?
ReplyDeleteHave been eager to read what Gramkow Vol II holds every day.
ReplyDeleteHe's sure getting to look like a handsome dude with those big eyes! Love the green Beckett cap--babies look soo good in colorful clothes.
Know you are in my daily thoughts and nightly prayers along with my granddaughter, Ashlyn.
God Bless,
Rhonda