Beckett's Cheers
Cheer #1: Weight is now up to 4 lbs. 8.3 ounces!
Cheer #2: He had a poopy diaper with no blood.
Cheer #3: His feeds got increased to 15 mls, and he has tolerated them well today (highest residual has been 3 mls, but it's partially digested...which is telling us his bowels are functioning correctly. YAY!)
Jeer: he did have a couple A/B episodes that needed stimulation.
Ellie's Cheers
Cheer #1: She has been loved on by her Aunt Audrie and Uncle David all week long!
Cheer #2: She gets to see here mama and daddy tomorrow (pray for safe travel back to Fort Worth for them)
Cheer #3: Her weight is around 30 pounds these days...just sayin'
Jeer: She has a cold that has been producing nasty green snot, and so we are scheduling a doctor's appt for the latest possible appointment, hoping they get here in time. I'm thinking sinus infection? Ellie was also kind enough to share her cold with Aunt Audrie. (pray we ALL don't get sick from her this weekend, but well...it is what it is)
Ben's Cheers
Cheer #1: He started his first fire tonight (Yes, I know, for the 10 times we'll actually need to use our fireplace in Texas...I understand you Northerners)
Cheer #2: He got his DLSR camera in the mail today, and is ironically practicing taking pictures...of his fire he created. Oh Benjamin, how I love thee. You are special, and so fascinated by electronics and optics.
Cheer #3: His weight is...wait, ok, don't need to share that. He doesn't have to work tomorrow! Off Friday!
Jeer: He still will be spending his off friday catching up on lovely paperwork and bills.
Mandy's Cheers
Cheer #1: She got a nap from 4 pm to 5 pm today. This is exciting stuff!
Cheer #2:She has connected with some other NICU mamas, which makes her heart happy.
Cheer #3:She had an amazing date night with her hubs last night. Massages are so relaxing!
Jeer: I am still craving McDonald's Fruit and Yogurt parfaits. Don't worry, I haven't given in, I'm just saying. I did try to drink soy milk straight up for the first time this morning and may or may not have gagged a little. Guess I'll stick to just cooking with it as a substitute. Or I will have to try that almond milk some others have suggested.
Cheer #1: Weight is now up to 4 lbs. 8.3 ounces!
Cheer #2: He had a poopy diaper with no blood.
Cheer #3: His feeds got increased to 15 mls, and he has tolerated them well today (highest residual has been 3 mls, but it's partially digested...which is telling us his bowels are functioning correctly. YAY!)
Jeer: he did have a couple A/B episodes that needed stimulation.
Ellie's Cheers
Cheer #1: She has been loved on by her Aunt Audrie and Uncle David all week long!
Cheer #2: She gets to see here mama and daddy tomorrow (pray for safe travel back to Fort Worth for them)
Cheer #3: Her weight is around 30 pounds these days...just sayin'
Jeer: She has a cold that has been producing nasty green snot, and so we are scheduling a doctor's appt for the latest possible appointment, hoping they get here in time. I'm thinking sinus infection? Ellie was also kind enough to share her cold with Aunt Audrie. (pray we ALL don't get sick from her this weekend, but well...it is what it is)
Ben's Cheers
Cheer #1: He started his first fire tonight (Yes, I know, for the 10 times we'll actually need to use our fireplace in Texas...I understand you Northerners)
Cheer #2: He got his DLSR camera in the mail today, and is ironically practicing taking pictures...of his fire he created. Oh Benjamin, how I love thee. You are special, and so fascinated by electronics and optics.
Cheer #3: His weight is...wait, ok, don't need to share that. He doesn't have to work tomorrow! Off Friday!
Jeer: He still will be spending his off friday catching up on lovely paperwork and bills.
Mandy's Cheers
Cheer #1: She got a nap from 4 pm to 5 pm today. This is exciting stuff!
Cheer #2:She has connected with some other NICU mamas, which makes her heart happy.
Cheer #3:She had an amazing date night with her hubs last night. Massages are so relaxing!
Jeer: I am still craving McDonald's Fruit and Yogurt parfaits. Don't worry, I haven't given in, I'm just saying. I did try to drink soy milk straight up for the first time this morning and may or may not have gagged a little. Guess I'll stick to just cooking with it as a substitute. Or I will have to try that almond milk some others have suggested.

yeah on all! fyi, it will help if u like almonds, b/c it does have that flavor. try the vanilla flavored one if almond isn't ur thing.
ReplyDeleteTry the rice milk or maybe the flavored soy milk to drink. Ron liked the rice one best. If you wind up needing to read labels closer feel free to call for suggestions.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the updates. Love to all of you.
Aunt Alice
You even sound better than you have in a long, long time! On the soy milk, I'm not a fan either. After we tried lots of different types, Maggie preferred Almond Milk OR 8th Continent Vanilla-flavored soy. It's not real milk, but I hope you can find one you can enjoy.
ReplyDeleteMostly good news. I have to chime in with my soy/almond milk opinion too. I like vanilla soy milk, (Silk is the only brand I like though). I like original almond milk, the vanilla or sweetened ones are way too sweet in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteI agree, vanilla Silk is the best. I think its an acquired taste to have by itself but goes great with Special K cereal! I love that pic of Ellie :) she's getting so big! Team Gramkow is always in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteTerri