
Well, we just got back from the Doctor's office for Ellie's weight check. She GAINED! Wahoo! She's now up to 6 lbs. 14 1/4 oz. (So that's 3130 grams). So that means that from Friday to Monday, she gained at least an ounce a day...which is what she's supposed to be doing! Yippee! Obvioulsy the increase in fortifying the breastmilk to 24 calories is also helping! And...thanks for your prayers because she actually had a bowel movement on her own! Wahoo! Yep, this morning and Ben even weighed the diaper - 45 grams! We were about as excited as you can be at 4 a.m.! She's still having streaky eating patterns. But her averages are up. This morning she ate around 40 mL and then just at 1 pm she ate 60 again (right in time to get weighed at the Drs office!). She's been fussy more than normal, ha...normal...still not quite sure what that means!...and I think it's her acid reflux. Also, I've notice she's sneezing more! They did say sneezing was a sign of stress, but then again, allergies? or...just plain sneezing...oh the joys of trying to solve the Ellie mystery! Ben and I have both been able to get homework done today which is a miracle in itself...this is tough work trying to take care of the Little Miss and do homework!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here, which was my original due date. Seems crazy that this is the time when I was supposed to have Ellie. Seems like time has taken forever, yet also gone so fast at the same time. I'm actually going to share at our church, Grace Baptist, here in Manhattan, about how thankful we are to God for Ellie and the Journey thus far, at our Thanksgiving Eve Service on Wednesday. Prayers that God would help me narrow down what to share and give me the words to speak.

Ok, and Ben wanted me to add this one...he calls it "Where's Ellie?" Apparently she looked...cold? This is what happens when Mom is upstairs in the loft apartment doing homework and Ben is downstairs with Ellie doing homework and on Ellie duty. :)
beautiful Ellie pics!!! and I can't wait to hear you share at Grace on Wednesday!!! looking forward to it!
ReplyDeleteSuch Cute Pics!! Can't wait to see you in January---love ya much
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear she's gaining well! Go Ellie! I'm sure she had to adjust to life at home a little bit. I laughed hard at Ben's job of making sure his little girl was warm!
ReplyDeleteI want to bring you guys a meal sometime, maybe before finals? I'll promise to leave all my little kid germs at the door (I mean not come in since you requested no visitors).
I hope we're able to make it to the Thanksgiving Eve Service to hear you speak! Oh, and I don't know what it is like to have a preemie, but Parker used to sneeze ALL THE TIME when he was a newborn and Dr. Duff told us that some newborns just sneeze more than others. It's so hard figuring out when to be worried about certain things as new parents...I'm sure it's even harder for you guys, but you're great parents and Ellie is super lucky! :)
ReplyDeleteBecky