Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The NICU Hotel

Tonight we're staying in the family room at the NICU. We're very excited. We're actually taking Ellie there right now! ... okay I've got to pause for a few minutes so we can go over there ... Okay we're there. We didn't even have to put her into the infant carrier we just rolled her right over there. It's a pretty sweet pad. There's a good reason I call it the NICU hotel ... it looks like a hotel room.
The nurse wheeled Ellie over here in her crib and now she's ours for the night. Okay, okay ... she's ours for more than just a night. But there's a tight schedule for tomorrow and it involves wheeling her back to her room after her 6 am feeding so she'll be there in time for rounds. I should probably clarify that Ellen gave us plenty of wiggle room while we were discussing the schedule but being the schedule people that we are (read "person that Mandy is") we got the the schedule hammered out pretty well. Hmm, I'd better go see if this hotel room has an in room jacuzzi.

3 comments:

  1. We never got to stay in the NICU hotel this time. I'm jealous! We stayed in 1 with Aynslee but that was when they were still in the old (not so nice) NICU and the room was on a different floor. It was a pain! I remember being so excited and Jason and I just looking at each other not sure what to do (haha)!! I also remember being exhausted the next morning wondering how I was going to do that every night at home but by golly I figured it out (haha)!!! It's so exciting...it's your 1st time all alone with your daughter for the night! The nice thing is the nurses are still close enough if you need them...tomorrow night your all on your own and you'll be great!! Enjoy your 1st night with your little princess!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like to refer to the family room as the 'Stormont-Vail Hilton'; It is a real nice room, and very functional. Good luck tonight, but you won't need it. You two are the most consistent caregivers that Ellie Jo has, since you are with her, caring for her everyday...
    I am sorry that I missed you today. I am enjoying my baby and her baby... (your 'baby' will always be just that... no matter how old or big she gets!) We are loving seeing our grandson, also, and how much little Ben has grown. He is very loving and oh! so smart! (don't I sound like a typical Grandma?)
    Well, let me know how things go and please keep in touch, now that we have met. It was such my pleasure!!!
    Take care,
    Love,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw...if there is a jacuzzi in your room I'm really gonna be upset!! :)

    ReplyDelete