Friday, November 14, 2008

Welcome to true Parenthood!

Yes, yes, all you parents out there already knew and warned us of this, but now it's here and we are wondering HOW DOES THE TIME PASS SO QUICKLY? For starters, last night went pretty well. Fortunately, Ben and I did sleep lightly we'll say and did have a mid sleepy conversation of something like, "your turn, you get her" :) But boy, do we love having her here. We've been taking her temperature and trying to figure out how many layers she really does need! Ben's turn last night - he decided she needed a hat. She fussed. The next feeding I concluded the same thing and she would not stay still until I took that hat off. I thought she was going to wiggle upside down in her pack n play. We chuckled and said she must not like hats :) As far as the time thing...well, we had to do many errands, get appointments set up and of course pay close attention to the medications that we were mixing up for Ellie "for real on our own this time!" I totally went to Target this morning and hadn't showered...I figured that had to be a mom thing too...seriously 3 hours goes by so quickly! So in efforts to try to get some of our stuff put away from Topkea (because our couch and love seat were both covered), we got out the mandimoo that I got at my baby shower....which is AWESOME! And it was so fun to snuggle with Ellie and fold laundry at the same time! It kinda made me think that hey...this might be kind of how it was supposed to be at 38 weeks...however, Ben reminded me that "my version" was detachable! *yes, we can only joke about that now that we know Ellie is doing well and home! So, I thought I would post a picture of me and Ellie and no hands! :)
She's been eating better the last few feedings - 60 mL at 2 p.m.; then we tried breastfeeding at 5 p.m. and well, we can't measure that one so much anymore, but she did take 15 from the bottle after that; then at 8 p.m. she ate 60 again! Still not having stools though. I'll be interested to see what Dr.Duff wants to do about that on Monday. Oh Oh..and we did give Ellie her first bath at home! :) She's squeaky clean now! Unfinished business: Please pray for Ben as we haven't heard back from Garmin yet after his last interview...he's left messages/e-mails with them, but still no word. Also, thanks to everyone who donated toward the Tupperware Party for Ronnies. I had over a $700 party and still have more TW to pick out from the host credit! So far though they are stocked with cups, cannisters, plates, bowls, re heatable containers and even a rectangular cake taker for all those goodies that were always on the counter for our late night snacks! We've had some good moments of hanging out as Team Gramkow - Ben and I still comment that we can't believe we have a daughter! We'll try to keep posting as often as we can....time is so precious these days!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy being home with Ellie! I love my Moby wrap...I use it ALL THE TIME! Mandy, you should try nursing in it. It works wonderfully as well, although its hard to get baby situated the first few times. I nursed all through the Pensacola airport, atlanta airport and Kansas City Airport and no one knew. One person actually asked when I was due...haha!

    Anywho, enjoy your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and one thing I would suggest, (and Im basing this off the picture that that is a moby wrap), but when she gets bigger and starts to weigh more, pull the straps over your shoulder out so they cover your entire shoulder. It helps to spread out her weight and will make you have less back aches. Okay, enough from me now. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home, team Gramkow party of three! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to say that my baby was "detachable." :) He/She is still inside and I don't think coming out anytime soon. congrats on being home and enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete