Big sis came back home today, but first we had to stop at the docto's office. Poor Ellie hasn't been feeling the greatest at Uncle David and Aunt Audrie's house. Strep test came back negative! But she does have ulcer sores on the back of her throat. I guess it is kind of like the lovely cold sores virus, but hers are in her throat. And I bet you can imagine how lovely it has been to try and convince her to take medicine. Poor thing. We are glad she is back, and cuddly, but hope she feels better soon.
Beckett had a pretty good day today. Increased his feeds to 20 mls and he is tolerating them like a champ! He hasn't pooped, but has managed to successfully push out his suppository twice. He weighs 4 lbs. 9 oz. He did have one brady that required stim last night, and two today. The one right before I left today required moderate stim :( I did hold Beckett today, and it was soooooooooo sweet! We loved every minute of it. He was awake, and so they brought in a mirror so I could see his face while I held him. I did pretty much smile the entire time.
Our hearts were heavy today as we learned our NICU friends lost their second baby yesterday. She delivered triplets at 24 weeks, and now only Riley is left fighting for her life. Please add little Miss.Riley to your prayer list. And also pray for wisdom for Ben and I as to how we can serve them best in this time.
I definitely held Beckett a little closer today thanking God for every day we have been gifted to have with him.
Looking forward to a weekend with David and Audrie here. Poor Ben spent all day getting a virus off our computer. But luckily Ellie has wanted to give daddy lots of cuddle time.
Glad Ellie is home. So very sorry to hear about your friends loss. I know God will give you comforting words as you were such a comfort to us when we lost our sweet Avery. Hang in there. Thinking of you guys always
ReplyDelete