Look at those sweet eyes...I am so in love! :)
Beckett in the NICU: Day 40
Nov 1: Today I am thankful for the sweet gift from God of Beckett Thomas Gramkow. He is perfect for our family, and a testimony of God's miracles still at work.
He started 6 mls of just breastmilk (not any fortifier) yesterday at 3 pm. And so far he has tolerated his feedings well with little to no residual. I don't think he liked fasting for a week! His oxygen has been pretty good hanging around 22 percent, and they knocked his CPAP pressure down to a "bubble 5." Ben is going to the NICU tonight, and he did say he's get the Tech Spotlight done tonight! So stayed tuned for what that means! :) Last night he gained weight and is a chunky 3 lbs. 12 oz! Wahoo! And that was even with three big poopy diapers!
This morning Dr.Grubbs saw him, and actually said that his feet were starting to chunk out! :) Tuesday labToday, he increased his feeds to 12 mls. Beckett's stomach is distended again, but it's still soft. I hope that the bubble 5 will help that a little. I just hate looking at his poor tummy! And today, I got to help the nurse with his bath. Didn't get to take his hat off and see his hair, but that's ok. He did so well, and didn't cry a bit. I talked and sang and just marveled at how cute he is getting! He was pretty relaxed after his bath, sprawling out on his sheepskin! We actually concluded that maybe he likes his bath now!
So thankful that today was a good day for our Sweet Beckett.


Aww! He is really gaining weight! How cute!
ReplyDeletelove it love it love it...
ReplyDeletesuch a cute and charming son u have.
ReplyDeleteawww, those eyes are killer!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photo. So captivating and cute! Glad for the good report!
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute!! What's the sheepskin for?
ReplyDeleteSo cute! (Natalie)
ReplyDeleteDid I miss information on the sheep skin? I wish I had a sheep skin blanket to lay on! Adorable, wide eyed picture!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness I think he is getting a little chunk on him! What a sweet picture! I'm in love too!
ReplyDeleteDionne