Thursday, October 20, 2011

28 mls

Beckett's feedings got bumped up to 28 mls today. Big boy now weighs 2 lbs. 14.2 oz. Sooooo close to 3 pounds...you can do it Beckett! Maybe tomorrow. His electrolytes lab came back normal last night, so no sodium addition needed. He has had 3 episodes that needed stimulation...one last night, and two already this morning. He had a couple when I was holding him too which is why he got put back to bed. :( I also noticed that when I would touch him to try and contain him, he would desat, so I think he is just flat out telling us to leave him alone! He is still desatting a lot, but the doc said this is par for the course. We do know he is anemic, but we want his red blood cells to kick in, otherwise we would have to transfuse him every week. Slow and steady growing phase we are in right now. He will be 29 weeks gestation tomorrow, and 4 weeks old!

Please pray for Beckett's poor nose...it is so dilated, and the prongs are starting to go in a little too far up his nose. They don't want to go up in prong size though. He does have some sores in his nose, that of course with prongs in there all the time aren't really healing. Ouchy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment