I had to re-read the post to see what has all "happened" since Wednesday.
Mama had a great day of rest on Wednesday. Beckett's bad days are so hard for me, but thankful God gives strength to the weak...and reminds us that we really do need rest.
Beckett however, has still had some busy days. Brave Beckett had 7 IV sites total since this NEC business started on Sunday. I may or may not have gotten a message to Dr.Grubbs last night through his awesome wife (I will share the awesome story of how I know her later). And he wrote the order for it to be placed this morning. So today (after they worked with him for 5 hours!) he finally got a PICC line placed, after a failed attempt even. I just got back from seeing him, and he didn't move a muscle...he is exhausted. So hard because its days like this when you really want to just comfort and hold your baby! But...mama singing Jesus Loves Me through the isolette while he had his eyes open will have to do.
Beckett's tummy looks SO much better, not as distended. He might get the repogle out soon (this is the suction tube in his mouth), he still had it through all the PICC business today. He also has been doing really well with his oxygen. I did get to hold him for an hour yesterday, and we both loved it! He was on 21 percent oxygen then. Today, he was around 24 percent. His episodes are all for the most part self resolving.
He is getting so cute! My chunky monkey in preemie terms is now up to 3 lbs. 9.1 oz! Its just amazing to see him fill in a little bit, and not just be skin on bones. Remember the third trimester is when the mamas put on all that weight? Well, its because babies get their fat during it! He is also really hairy, which I think is kinda gross boy-ish, but still cute 'cause he is a baby! :) His lips have filled out, and I love seeing his eyes, and the whites of his eyes every day! Just hate that the poor guy crosses his eyes looking at that blasted CPAP scuba gear.
I think that's all for now...now it's daddy's turn to head to the NICU. Ben's glad we have DVR for that World Series Game 7 tonight! Go Rangers!
Happy 30 weeks gestation, my Sweet Beckett! You are 5 weeks old today!

Mama had a great day of rest on Wednesday. Beckett's bad days are so hard for me, but thankful God gives strength to the weak...and reminds us that we really do need rest.
Beckett however, has still had some busy days. Brave Beckett had 7 IV sites total since this NEC business started on Sunday. I may or may not have gotten a message to Dr.Grubbs last night through his awesome wife (I will share the awesome story of how I know her later). And he wrote the order for it to be placed this morning. So today (after they worked with him for 5 hours!) he finally got a PICC line placed, after a failed attempt even. I just got back from seeing him, and he didn't move a muscle...he is exhausted. So hard because its days like this when you really want to just comfort and hold your baby! But...mama singing Jesus Loves Me through the isolette while he had his eyes open will have to do.
Beckett's tummy looks SO much better, not as distended. He might get the repogle out soon (this is the suction tube in his mouth), he still had it through all the PICC business today. He also has been doing really well with his oxygen. I did get to hold him for an hour yesterday, and we both loved it! He was on 21 percent oxygen then. Today, he was around 24 percent. His episodes are all for the most part self resolving.
He is getting so cute! My chunky monkey in preemie terms is now up to 3 lbs. 9.1 oz! Its just amazing to see him fill in a little bit, and not just be skin on bones. Remember the third trimester is when the mamas put on all that weight? Well, its because babies get their fat during it! He is also really hairy, which I think is kinda gross boy-ish, but still cute 'cause he is a baby! :) His lips have filled out, and I love seeing his eyes, and the whites of his eyes every day! Just hate that the poor guy crosses his eyes looking at that blasted CPAP scuba gear.
I think that's all for now...now it's daddy's turn to head to the NICU. Ben's glad we have DVR for that World Series Game 7 tonight! Go Rangers!
Happy 30 weeks gestation, my Sweet Beckett! You are 5 weeks old today!
Beckett certainly is a cutie.and 3 cheers for the picc line.
ReplyDeleteYou guys hang in there. Looks like things are going in the right direction. He's getting so cute. love y'all. Go Rangers!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAll our love,
Mike and Kim
think he's lookin more like his daddy...
ReplyDeleteHe is so beautiful. I mean handsome. He is really filling out.
ReplyDeleteHe does look like he's filling out quite a bit...beautiful! (Can I say that for a boy?) Praise God! :)
ReplyDeleteHe is looking chunkier! I can really tell a difference. What a cutie pie!
ReplyDelete