So my Sweet Beckett is up to 2 lbs. 1.9 oz. Still not at birth weight, but close. This mama is super proud because he has been tolerating his 10 ml feeds with minimal residual, and been pooping on his own, and STILL is gaining weight!
Laat night he had a fairly good night. 4 As and Bs, but 3 of them required stimulation. His heart rage is all over the place. For three hours is hung out around 170 and then it would bump up again to 180s and 190s.
He got a complete set of labwork last night and all of it looked good. His hematocrit was 40, this is the one that detects red blood cell count, and when he needed his blood transfusion before it was 26. Although Mr.Becketts red blood cell count actually started out lower when he was born because the cord was wrapped around his neck. This caused there to be more blood building up in my placenta rather than going to baby. His was 36 when he was born, and most kiddos at birth are 40s and mid 50s. Ben asked Dr.Grubbs what Becketts blood volume level is and he said 80 mls, so just think about this for a minute, that is like 2.5 ounces. Yep, my sweet Beckett is a miracle. His retic count came back normal range, 2.6, this measures his capability to make red blood cells. His bilirubin looked good. His CBC did indicate his whit blood cell count was higher but still in normal range. No indication of infection from this or CRP which was 0.2. His blood pressure is back to normal! Yay! Its mean is in the 40s.
Early this morning Beckett got to freshen up...the nurse gave him a bath, changing out his hat and she even washed his sweet dark hair. I'm hoping I get to be there for the next one as I want to see him with all his "electronics" off of his face.
I've already had a rough start. I slept thru my alarm to pump at 2 am, and then hit the snooze for an our for my 8 am.....ugh!
Now heading to the health dept soon to get a flu shot...Ben also has to get the pertussus booster, as whooping cough is coming back around. They actually gave me the booster before I left the hospital.
Hoping they have all the right stuff today so we can do our part to protect our sweet Beckett.
Have a blessed day! So glad His mercies are new each morning. Thanks for journeying with Team Gramkow. Beckett loves you all already, I just know it!
So grateful to God! You two are amazing parental units!
ReplyDelete