Happy because Ellie got to meet her baby brother. Sad because we found out that Beckett's brain bleed is swelling his ventricles. :( hard news. We are exhausted. Will write more later...
Oh, Mandy & Ben! I hate to hear about the swelling in his ventricles...the news put me right back there to when we heard the same news about Brock. I know you both are exhausted in every way possible, but please when you feel up to it, call and talk to me. I'm here for you anytime day or night. I can talk on the phone, meet you at the hospital, home, or wherever. I would even LOVE to watch Ellie for you so that you can sleep or spend more time at the NICU. Ellie would have a great time playing with Brock and my nieces. We'll take care of her like she was our own. Every baby is different, but I KNOW FOR SURE that ANYTHING is possible. They told us Brock may never walk or talk and that we may have to care for him for the rest of his life. He had a grade IV bleed and the pressure in his ventricles got so high that they called in the neurosurgeon to consult and follow him because the NICU Docs just knew he would need to be shunted. But...Brock was able to tolerate those pressures in his ventricles and never had to be shunted. I would LOVE for you to meet my sweet boy...you wouldn't even believe he was born premature, much less that he had that severe of a brain bleed. Quite a few of the doctors and nurses in the Harris NICU still remember Brock & us and we keep in touch with several of them. Hang in there Momma & Daddy and keep BELIEVING!!
Take Care, Stacey Danford staceydanford@hotmail.com 817-821-5073
Oh, Mandy & Ben! I hate to hear about the swelling in his ventricles...the news put me right back there to when we heard the same news about Brock. I know you both are exhausted in every way possible, but please when you feel up to it, call and talk to me. I'm here for you anytime day or night. I can talk on the phone, meet you at the hospital, home, or wherever. I would even LOVE to watch Ellie for you so that you can sleep or spend more time at the NICU. Ellie would have a great time playing with Brock and my nieces. We'll take care of her like she was our own. Every baby is different, but I KNOW FOR SURE that ANYTHING is possible. They told us Brock may never walk or talk and that we may have to care for him for the rest of his life. He had a grade IV bleed and the pressure in his ventricles got so high that they called in the neurosurgeon to consult and follow him because the NICU Docs just knew he would need to be shunted. But...Brock was able to tolerate those pressures in his ventricles and never had to be shunted. I would LOVE for you to meet my sweet boy...you wouldn't even believe he was born premature, much less that he had that severe of a brain bleed. Quite a few of the doctors and nurses in the Harris NICU still remember Brock & us and we keep in touch with several of them. Hang in there Momma & Daddy and keep BELIEVING!!
ReplyDeleteTake Care,
Stacey Danford
staceydanford@hotmail.com
817-821-5073
thank you Stacey for those words...we all needed to hear them...never give up hope...always continue to pray...
ReplyDeleteThank you also Stacey for those gracious words.
ReplyDeleteReminders of God's provision, providence, and grace in action in this frail thing called life on Earth.