Well, Ellie now has been on antibiotics, our house is sanitized, and we've gotten some rest from this quarantine weekend! She is still coughing, but it hasn't slowed her down any! Beckett luckily has had a calm past two days. He did lose weight on Saturday night, down to 3 lbs. 8.4 oz, but yesterday gained it back (and even stooled!) Now he is 3 lbs. 10.6 oz. And his length is 41 cm (almost 16 inches). He is having no episodes, and his oxygen is around 23 percent. He did get the repogle taken out, and they replaced it with an OG tube that will vent air from. His tummy.
Dr.Grubbs group rotates to Cook Children's across the street for the next three months, but he still is going to come back and see Beckett as his primary doc.
I'm guessing today the doc will start Beckett back on his feeds. Back at square one. Pray for Beckett's bowels as he transitions back to having food in his tummy again. I bet he is hungry for some "real" food! :)
Please also pray for me as I have my 6 week post partum check with my doctor...not really looking forward to talking about what happened specifically with my care, labor and all. I'm guessing I will get no answers as to why I went into preterm labor...
Today is Ellie's Halloween Party at preschool, and she is going to be a K-State Cheerleader (thanks NICU Nurse Cousin Audrey)! We have been practicing "Go Cats." As for Beckett...I did take in Ellie's preemie pumpkin outfit she wore, but he still can't wear clothes again yet. So Beckett had gauze around every limb from all those 7 IV sticks, so I guess he dressed up as a mummy this year! (That was kind of a laugh-cry comment for me!)
Hope today goes ok. Stand up for yourself and your concerns. But not that it would change anything. Beckett can be a streaker!
ReplyDeleteAmanda
Or a nudist
ReplyDeleteBeckett can be a sumo wrestler!
ReplyDeleteI bet Beckett is the cutest mummy anyone has ever seen! :)
ReplyDeleteMy prayer for Becket..
ReplyDelete