Sunday, October 23, 2011

Please pray...bad, busy day

Well, my Sweet Beckett had a good night last night, and reached 3 lbs. 2.8 oz, but the nurse said that was a lot of gain, and a little unrealistic for 24 hours.

This morning he started having more As and Bs that needed stimulation, really starting around 7 am, and his tummy was even more distended than yesterday. He has a bubble belly from the CPAP anyways, but its gotten worse.

And of course, today, we decided to come to church because I felt pretty good about Beckett's days...but then again, this is something I needed today too. Even though I couldn't sing any songs because the tears were flowing, I was comforted by just listening to the songs, and letting my church community sing for me today...

But the doctor just called, so I stepped out. Sad I recognize the number.

They tried a different breathing accessory, a vasotherm? Nasal cannula to see if the lower pressure would help his belly, but it didnt. His belly is full of air, and his intestines are full of air too. They ordered x rays and bloodwork, and cultures.  his x ray said that he is really full of air, but its slowing down his intestines function. His tummy is still soft, but the too big of belly is concerning to the doc.

So they are stopping his feedings the next 24 hours, inserting an IV, and going to give him nutrition thru IV to give his tummy a rest. They put him back on CPAP cause he needs it, but are inserting a special OG tube with a suction to try and get some air off.

His hematocrit is low too, 26, and so he is getting another blood transfusion.

He will also be on antibiotics for the next 2 days.

Doc is also sending blood and urine cultures to the lab, so we will see what those tell us.

Three steps forward, one step back. I still hate the steps back.

The doc said no need to rush to the hospital, he is stable, but she wanted to call because a lot has changed. And she will talk to us more when we get there...

Please join in praying with me again...pray for his tummy, and pray that these 2 days of rest will be what he needs, please pray against infection...

Just so hard, things change so quickly. I will keep you updated...please pray for Ben and I...the sermon today is about peace...how fitting. Pray that we feel God's presence. And peace today...

5 comments:

  1. I am praying for you all Mandy! - Katie Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the long and winding road...your text came right before Wade was asking the congregation for prayer concerns so they all learned about Beckett and he was lifted at the Presbyterian church in Estherville. Wade was "pastor" there today. Hugs and kisses from all of us. Not the straight forward road we wanted, but we go where he takes us and praise him for that. love you ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're praying for you down here in Houston!

    ReplyDelete