Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Stinky feet!

So Beckett is already taking after his daddy...in the stinky feet category. (Ben, you know I love you) The nurse and I gave him a bath today, and when she changed the pulse ox to the other foot, we couldn't help but notice the stink! And so I smelled it close and it smelled just like daddy's stinky feet. Weird how that made my heart kind of happy...now if we could only get daddy to clean his feet with the good smelling Johnson and Johnson baby soap! He tolerated his bath really well. We didn't do his hair because he just got the new CPAP set up a couple days ago, (notice he looks like a scuba diver now!) and we didn't want to over stimulate him. But it was a calm, non stressful wash for all involved, and it was so sweet because I could just stare in amazement at my sweet little boy and thank God for how different he looks even for just 3 weeks. He totally knows my voice too, and its so sweet when he peeks his eyes open at me now. He is just too cute. I love him so much, even with his stinky feet!

Yesterday, and even last evening he was starting to have more epidodes and desats, so I was thinking we were going down tje road of him telling us he was getting sick. However, he did calm down last night after 10:30, and didn't have another A and B until 4 am, and all self resolving. I was so glad to hear this news because last night he was having a cluster of episodes, one right after the next.

His weight is now 2 lbs 13.4 oz. I cannot wait to see that 3 pound mark!  His oxygen is still anywhere between 28 and 34 percent, and he is still desatting more than he normally does. Hopefully those baby red blood cells will start maturing fast. But we are actually hanging out in the dark right now, and he hasn't had one in a while! I think I might take a nap after lunch! Thank goodness the backlight is bright so I can type! He is still tolerating his feedings pretty well. Yesterday, the nurse said that his electrolytes were low, so they might need to add sodium to his nutrition. They will redraw those labs tonight. 

So Beckett is having a low key day...he has some things we are keeping a close eye on, but so far so good. I got him this micro preemie blue shirt, and it fits him a little better...and then we changed him after his bath into this preemie outfit with helicopters on it. He is so cute with clothes on!!




4 comments:

  1. THIS ONE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT HAS SUCH A STRAIN ON HIM...GLAD TO HEAR A LOW KEY DAY, GRANDMA COULD USE ONE OF THOSE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you post pictures of him...it's so good to see the little guy! Keep growing baby Beckett!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is looking good! Glad he is doing well. Still praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ammie Uhlrich (Schissel)October 19, 2011 at 3:43 PM

    Wow It does look like he is growing! Love the thighs in the one photos! Glad to hear he is doing great!

    ReplyDelete