Friday, October 31, 2008
A New Horizon
Ellie gained 10 grams today, that's enough to push her up to 5 lbs 14 oz (2660 g). She was gavage fed after her 9 pm feeding so the nurse is going to see if Ellie will take a bottle at midnight. She took 13 mL from her bottle at her 3 pm feeding and had a couple desats during that feeding.
She got caffeine at her 6 pm feeding and has only had 1 desat since the 7 pm shift change. That's compared to 15 desats during the day shift today.
So Ellie is just plugging along ... just as she needs to. But the truth is I think Mandy and I were getting a little too excited about going home soon. We have been talking about transitioning to bringing Ellie home. But now after Ellie getting put back on caffeine and what seems like a new estimate of when she'll come home I think we've reached a turning point where we're eager to bring her home. That's not to say we weren't eager to bring her home before.
Coming home to Manhattan for the baby shower tomorrow has been a reminder of what "normal" is ... or used to be. And I think it's making us both want even more to be back here at home with Ellie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment