Thursday, October 9, 2008
Not many changes today
Sorry it's taken so long to get an update. Ellie's had a pretty stable day. Ellen didn't change anything on her orders. Based on her weight last night, they did increase her feedings to 37 mL, still over the duration of an hour. She's only had about 3 bradies today, so for the most part she's doing well. This morning's feeding (at 11 am) the poor thing had 35 mL of air in her tummy. She kept spitting up right before her feeding. No wonder she wasn't feeling well. The nurse said it might be from the high flow - some of the air goes to the lungs, the other goes to her tummy. Obviously Ellie felt a bit better after the nurse got all that air out. Today's been a busy day for mom and she's TIRED and still having skin irritation problems :( I'm still waiting for the medicine to kick in! I think it's gotten a little better. Today I worked for Jardine a bit and then headed to get some practicum hours in with some Admissions Reps from K-State who were at a recruiting event in Topeka. Very convenient! But like I said before, I'm tired now! Ben's at the hospital changing her diaper and then going to hold her during her 5 pm feeding. I'm at Ronnie's picking up our place, doing some laundry and maybe getting in a nap! Will report in after her 8 pm assessment tonight. Ellen said that maybe tomorrow they were going to experiement and see how she does with out the nasal cannula.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment